No Feed From Hero 4 Silver, But Can From 3 White

Reaction score
Hi I have been using my solo with gimbal since Christmas 2016 with a hero 3 white. I understand that with the 3 white I have very limited control over the gopro. I decided to use my dad's hero 4 Silver and it worked fine for a bit... But then when I went to fly Solo one day, I had no feed. So then I tried again another day, with no tweaks to any settings (I think) and it worked just fine?!?!? Sadly i tried again this evening and no video feed using the 4 silver, but it worked with the 3 white. I have the settings of the silver on 1080p 50 fps medium FOV. I am using an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.2.1 with the 3DR Solo app. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!! Thank you.

Hi I have been using my solo with gimbal since Christmas 2016 with a hero 3 white. I understand that with the 3 white I have very limited control over the gopro. I decided to use my dad's hero 4 Silver and it worked fine for a bit... But then when I went to fly Solo one day, I had no feed. So then I tried again another day, with no tweaks to any settings (I think) and it worked just fine?!?!? Sadly i tried again this evening and no video feed using the 4 silver, but it worked with the 3 white. I have the settings of the silver on 1080p 50 fps medium FOV. I am using an iPhone 6s on iOS 10.2.1 with the 3DR Solo app. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!! Thank you.

I'm having the same problem. I have not been able to find a solution. Did you get any responses?

I'm having the same problem. I have not been able to find a solution. Did you get any responses?

The problem started when iOS version 10 came out. It's partly incpmpatible with the 3DR app. 3DR never fixed it, so even with iOS 12 the problem persists. There are two easy workarounds:

(1) Use a lower FOV or frame rate. I use 1080 at 30 fps, and maintain video feed. Try different settings to see which ones are reliable for you. Some settings always work, some never work, and you might find one or two in between which SOMETIMES work and sometimes don't. For mission-critical work, stick with the reliable ones.

(2) Start recording. The video feed stops, but the video recording continues. Exit the app and restart it. The video feed will then appear, with the GoPro still recording. Fly.

The REAL Solo pilots (not me!) all seem to say that the REAL solution is to stop using the 3DR app and control your Solo with a commercial app, and/or stop using iOS devices and use something else. Many members here have done that and seem happy.

Or you could buy Mavic Pro since the Solo will be dead soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc