New Y6 owner

Reaction score
Howdy. Got a used Y6 from a friend of a friend. Two newbie questions:

* How come there is not a Y6 forum the way there is for the X8?
* Can someone please tell me the best place to find Y6 parts? A 3DR page lists various kits (DIY & Parts – 3DR Support) but offers no way to order them.

Thanks!

Sup TolaMarts,

I've wondered the same about why there is no Y6 - guess just not hip and cool enough.

So what we have is a legacy system by 3DR - they dismissed all this stuff for focus on Solo a little over a year ago. There was a massive liquidation sale of everything from RTF systems to DIY kits to batteries to booms to motors. After the stock went dry, that was it. They have no more parts to sell or support the existing users, as far as I'm aware.

I picked up two DIY Y6 kits, one so that I'd have spare parts.

Prob the only way to find parts is on classifieds somewhere - here, RCG, DIYDrones. Post a wanted ad, you'll likely get a response.

On a positive note, many of th parts from the Y6, like booms, motor mounts, spacers and screws, ESCs, are identical on the Quad and X8, so there should be a lot floating around.

Lemme know via PM if you're searching for anything specific, I've got a pretty decent stash from their stupid big sale.

This is my first 3DR, Y6 I did buy it used and they said it fly's. It just wont come off the ground with out flipping over. My other Pixhawk works great with my 900 tricopter.

Terry have you re-done the calibrations? I'd go back and even load the latest Arducopter Firmware, and run trough the setup wizard, do level calibration, compass cal, that is if you haven't done it already.

With mine, i like to take off in Stabilize mode, I find you have to punch the throttle fairly quickly to well over 50% to get up in the air. If you throttle up gradually and slowly, you'll tip.

If you go Stabilize mode, do keep in mind Stab does not hold position or altitude - be ready to quickly correct with throttle once airborne.

I haven't tried that yet on the throttle. I did re do it all, I just dont get it. And I have been testing it in the House. Not out side.

When it is in atti or RTL the motors wont stop at all, have to push the button or unplug it.

I tried that it didn't work. I might have the encoder wired wrong or I just need to finish up my other one. I do have a kit build going on to. This one I just want to work. I will try what you suggested, I get no input from the ARDUPILOT forum.

After it fires up and runs, as soon as I test all motors in roll yea pitch throttle it shuts down. I have to rearm it. this is weird.

After it fires up and runs, as soon as I test all motors in roll yea pitch throttle it shuts down. I have to rearm it. this is weird.

From the link above

"
Note

If you leave the throttle at minimum for 15 seconds while in any of the above modes the motors will automatically disarm."

Is this what you're encountering?

Terry,
I assume you downloaded the Y6 assembly instructions and read them.
From the description of your issue I would guess that either you have one or more props installed incorrectly or one or more motors spinning backwards. Do not attempt to fly without verifying everything is spinning in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, BTW I'm just finishing my 3DR Y6 from a kit I had stashed away. Have not flown it yet. I have built and flown several multirotors including the 3DR DIY quad (basically the X8 with only 4 motors).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't got that far on my kit. The one giving me trouble came built with a case. All motors and props are correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo