new update gps

Reaction score
so i flew this morning after the new update....well the first time i turned it on it didnt want to get ANY satellites...i powered down and restarted and it got 30 seconds in or so to fly which was good. i used the tower app and had created and uploaded a mission. when i had it climb to 400 , it lost signal and returned to home so i let it land

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's 400' ? even at what seems to be your highest point (around the 56" mark) it doesn't look like 400'. I don't know what your experience is before the update but you seem to be in what could be a heavily saturated wifi area. Precise pointing of your controller at the bird and higher altitude might help your range in area you're flying in. Right from takeoff, your signal is compromised though.

so i flew this morning after the new update....well the first time i turned it on it didnt want to get ANY satellites...i powered down and restarted and it got 30 seconds in or so to fly which was good. i used the tower app and had created and uploaded a mission. when i had it climb to 400 , it lost signal and returned to home so i let it land

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Now that you mention it after the update I had no GPS signal at all. It took a restart or two to get a signal. Weird.

I was expecting people to report it took 10 minutes to get GPS the first time after the update (while it rebuilds it database), and then 30 seconds on thereafter.

I was expecting people to report it took 10 minutes to get GPS the first time after the update (while it rebuilds it database), and then 30 seconds on thereafter.
Actually took 32 seconds the first time for me, and I was in hotel room. Just took it out and got satellites before that app even loaded. Couldn't have been more than 5 seconds... Same s as inside though, 12 Sats and hdop of 1.2

I was considering the "spacer" mod, but I don't know that I will bother now.

Reminder. it resets your A/B button choices if you have changed them from default

Actually took 32 seconds the first time for me, but I was in hotel room. Just took it out and got satellites before that app even loaded. Couldn't have been more than 5 seconds... same s as inside though, 12 Sats and hdop of 1.2
That is starting to sound like my Iris+
I don't mind waiting a couple minutes for GPS, but it was definitely something I appreciated about 3DR birds when I made the switch.

That's 400' ? even at what seems to be your highest point (around the 56" mark) it doesn't look like 400'. I don't know what your experience is before the update but you seem to be in what could be a heavily saturated wifi area. Precise pointing of your controller at the bird and higher altitude might help your range in area you're flying in. Right from takeoff, your signal is compromised though.
No it didn't make it to 400 lol it stopped and rth

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela