new update from 3dr. GPS problem

Reaction score
Got done loading every thing up on the tablet and lg cell phone (app wise). The new app as well as the update for the controller. But now it seem like it take forever to get a GPS lock.

Has anybody else hdd this problem

I have done that many of times and it seem to still take forever. I even did a compass caliberation as well. Not sure if had do do something with the connection to the go pro. I even turn off the go pro while search for gps. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem I am having.

I have done that many of times and it seem to still take forever. I even did a compass caliberation as well. Not sure if had do do something with the connection to the go pro. I even turn off the go pro while search for gps. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem I am having.
This is a problem since day 1.
Most don't need to wait very long "1to3 min."
Many returned unit, some still had to wait for GPS to lock.
Wish i could help you.
Try another location.?
SuperMoon yesterday?

You can start in "Manual" mode, then after Solo has some height "50FT" sees GPS, switch back to "Fly" mode.
Remember, when GPS kicks back in, that will be the new "Home" lading location after you switch to "Fly" mode and hit the "home" key

Last edited:
Reactions: rrmccabe
Could also try the gps cardboard mod I used frog painters tape, maybe the coppers touching the gps in a bad spot. I didn't see much improvement personally but some did and it's free and only takes 5 minutes. Can't hurt as long as you make sure to be careful when unplugging the cable.

Are you getting some satellites just not enough to get a low enough hdop, if so how many are you getting?

Note too if you do this mod the first time you search for gps it will take a bit longer than normal, don't worry it's just cause it was unplugged and reset. I got a bit nervous the first run when I tried it with the plastic.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Yes, I am having the same problem. Before upgrade, it took no more than 2 minutes, mostly way less. Now it's taking well over 5 minutes. The first flight after, it got up to 12 satellites and still was red until it hit 13. That may have been what Adimuzio513 said about the 1st flight after upgrade. It's connecting at 10 now, if and when it finds them. Also, more annoying is before the upgrade I lost connection once, now it constantly loses it. Tonight I even lost it about 40m directly above my head.

Yes, I am having the same problem. Before upgrade, it took no more than 2 minutes, mostly way less. Now it's taking well over 5 minutes. The first flight after, it got up to 12 satellites and still was red until it hit 13. That may have been what Adimuzio513 said about the 1st flight after upgrade. It's connecting at 10 now, if and when it finds them. Also, more annoying is before the upgrade I lost connection once, now it constantly loses it. Tonight I even lost it about 40m directly above my head.
Not sure what you used but I didn't have great luck with thicker plastic I tried to avoid moisture getting to cardboard, but I opened it back up and used that frog tape for painting and that or thin cardboard seemed to do the trick. I also covered the whole area over the gps board the first time but second just above the gps itself and got good results. Strange that your losing connection it shouldn't affect that really maybe when you pull it back apart be sure any connections are good and solid.

I just meant the first time it took a bit but since that I'm under a minute getting locked. I'm having real good luck with fpvlr antenna too and the host mod gave me even more range to where I won't need more from here in. Just some ideas, hope you get things straightened out 5 to 7 mins and 40 meters are both way off maybe there's another issue at play. Good luck

I ran Solo Tweaker last night and doing a test afterwards sitting in my workshed, it took about 5 SECONDS to connect to GPS! Previously, It took a very long time if ever to get a signal when indoors. Going out to fly in a bit and see if the signal drop is better.

I ran Solo Tweaker last night and doing a test afterwards sitting in my workshed, it took about 5 SECONDS to connect to GPS! Previously, It took a very long time if ever to get a signal when indoors. Going out to fly in a bit and see if the signal drop is better.
Sounds great is solo tweaker the hostpad mod program or something else?

I guess it's the hostapd thing.
http://www.glowingpixels.com/Solo/SoloTweaker.zip

I tried following the instructions in the video, but the text editing software wouldn't run. The solotweaker is so much easier to run. I did have a little issue getting it to connect to the controller, but just had to restart it a couple times.
Haven't had a chance to fly yet. My Granddaughter is here.

I don't think the tweaker has anything to do with GPS
it is for wifi improvements
Think it may be as well but what's strange is this isn't the first person I've heard saying how much better their gps seems to lock after doing it. Could be luck or conditions, maybe just coincidence but I've heard at least a few folks say this same thing. I did both mods now but never had a gps issue since the first weeks and I've got the fpvlr too so range wise just wanted more confidence in it.

conditions could be it, I have the wifi mod, and it never helped my GPS only the last official update seemed to help with gps lock faster. once I am in the air I almost never loose GPS. staying connected was a problem but the tweaker helped that.

I thought there was something that specifically mentioned gps lock improvements in the update release notes. Maybe I imagined it cuz lots of folks saying they're locking gps pretty quick now.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I must have gotten lucky. Today in my backyard (my usual flying place was overrun by Labordayers) it took the usual 3 or 4 minutes to connect to GPS. I can live with that. As far as wifi range, I was standing next to the back wall of the house and when I flew behind me, I lost signal, which would make sense since the wall was blocking the view. Still need to do some definitive testing when I take it to my usual spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc