New Tower tests (Just screen records at this point)

J R

Reaction score
For the guys using Tower, I ran a few tests this morning. I had a few more I wanted to run but decided to scrap them due to possible kp problems today. Will do some manual flying instead. Anyway these two tests are with my new ribbon cable installed. I haven't had the opportunity to view the video yet but wanted to get this prelim stuff out to some of you guys. Test 1 went very well and was a short waypoint test around a portion of our lakeshore (about 1.7 miles). I'm attaching Test 1 to this post. Test 2 was not as successful. Control signal was lost briefly and an RTH was self-initiated. Regained control signal and was able to bring the bird back in without incident. I'll supply more info on Test 2 later.

Here's the screen record from Test 1 for those interested:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
For the guys using Tower, I ran a few tests this morning. I had a few more I wanted to run but decided to scrap them due to possible kp problems today. Will do some manual flying instead. Anyway these two tests are with my new ribbon cable installed. I haven't had the opportunity to view the video yet but wanted to get this prelim stuff out to some of you guys. Test 1 went very well and was a short waypoint test around a portion of our lakeshore (about 1.7 miles). I'm attaching Test 1 to this post. Test 2 was not as successful. Control signal was lost briefly and an RTH was self-initiated. Regained control signal and was able to bring the bird back in without incident. I'll supply more info on Test 2 later.

Nice! Now for some POI's :)

Reactions: J R
Reactions: erikgraham
Nice! Now for some POI's :)

Baby steps, Earl, baby steps! I kind of felt like I was going out on a limb just doing the little I did! Test 2 is a little more exciting. I can't upload it until later as we have limited bandwidth up here and the. Wife wants her Facestuff!

Jerry

and you are still on stock antennas....pretty good!
Have you caught supper yet? :D

Yep, stock antennas and no, no fishing this trip. Boat is out of the water for the winter. Looking at Feb for the TX trip.

Jerry
Okeedoke. Bring the birds.

Okay, here is Tower Test 2. A 3 mile run aborted and an auto RTH initiated due to signal loss. A little more exciting than Test 1 but only if you get bored like I do! Tried to run a 5.7 mile run with the "white" one today as well, I bagged that one about half way through due to battery depletion concern. Did an RTH and then lost signal for a bit. Had my RTH set at about 150' but when I initiated RTH it had to cross land and there was a pretty good elevation change and I damned near clipped a tree. As close as I've ever come.

Jerry

Reactions: Shawn Mehlert
I love how you spun Solo and moved the gimbal around during flight! Flying at 25 mph and flipping Solo around like that is amazing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44