New to the scene...video problems..?

Reaction score
Hi im pretty new to the Drone flying scene and Solo is my 1st drone. i have flown it now 2 times. my 1st flight i had forgotten to update the GoPro ( cause i didn't know that was a thing lol) and now its updated and i have a question..or two?

1: Is the GoPro, when hooked up to Solo, supposed to power up when solo turns on? cause mine doesn't as i have to manually turn it on to get feed ( i have checked the settings in the app and it is set to the GoPro Silver which is installed)

2: is any one else having or had an issue where when you start a recording, and the video feed freezes up after 16 seconds? i have to manually restart the GoPro to 'fix' it but i have to cycle its power twice, once because the GoPro attempts to repair the file, then another time to fully reboot it. this has happened twice during the same flying session.

Some side notes would be that photo shots are fine and don't cause the feed to freeze, and the GoPro functions perfectly when unmounted and handled freely so i know its not the GoPro. and the GoPro is properly seating in the gimbal with the HDMI plugged in securely.

1. GP won't power-up w/ Solo since you've upgraded past V3.x. Many of us haven't upgraded because of that. Sometimes upgrading isn't a 'thing'. :( Plenty more info to be found under "Search".
2. You might try removing the battery from GP for 30 seconds and trying again. Or try the search function. Is your Wi-Fi off on the GP?

1. GP won't power-up w/ Solo since you've upgraded past V3.x. Many of us haven't upgraded because of that. Sometimes upgrading isn't a 'thing'. :( Plenty more info to be found under "Search".
2. You might try removing the battery from GP for 30 seconds and trying again. Or try the search function. Is your Wi-Fi off on the GP?
Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of solo as i recently got this drone( try not even a week old yet), and yes the WiFi on the GP is off when installed onto the Solo.

Which Gopro do you have ?? I would go to the Gopro website to grab previous version to reload

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Which Gopro do you have ?? I would go to the Gopro website to grab previous version to reload

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
its the GP Hero 4 Silver. so its the GP that i have to revert, not Solo? if so i'll give that a try
And what version should i grab?

Last edited:
copied from another post:
The new GoPro firmware update (v5.0) is compatible with your SOLO app video feed and settings will work just fine, however, it will no longer turn on along with your SOLO unit. This is permanent and probably that functionality will not be re-enabled for the new GoPro Fw, although this is not a final decision. Besides that, there's a video codec change that alters the video feed when recording on 2.7K and 4K. It will simply zoom the image that is displayed in the app (the live feed), but the video recorded on the GoPro itself is not affected by this.
In case you want to revert firmware to v3.0 to regain old functionality, the steps to downgrade the GoPro Firmware below:
1. Download the UPDATE.zip file for your camera. GoPro Firmware
2. Extract the files with the option Extract to UPDATE
3. Insert the SD card from the GoPro into the computer
4. Copy the UPDATE folder to the microSD card
5. Insert the SD card back into the Gopro
6. Turn on the GoPro. This will perform the downgrade (the camera will restart itself about 4 times during the downgrade, this is normal).

copied from another post:
The new GoPro firmware update (v5.0) is compatible with your SOLO app video feed and settings will work just fine, however, it will no longer turn on along with your SOLO unit. This is permanent and probably that functionality will not be re-enabled for the new GoPro Fw, although this is not a final decision. Besides that, there's a video codec change that alters the video feed when recording on 2.7K and 4K. It will simply zoom the image that is displayed in the app (the live feed), but the video recorded on the GoPro itself is not affected by this.
In case you want to revert firmware to v3.0 to regain old functionality, the steps to downgrade the GoPro Firmware below:
1. Download the UPDATE.zip file for your camera. GoPro Firmware
2. Extract the files with the option Extract to UPDATE
3. Insert the SD card from the GoPro into the computer
4. Copy the UPDATE folder to the microSD card
5. Insert the SD card back into the Gopro
6. Turn on the GoPro. This will perform the downgrade (the camera will restart itself about 4 times during the downgrade, this is normal).
Can i get a link to the page where i can find the older firmware?

Hi im pretty new to the Drone flying scene and Solo is my 1st drone. i have flown it now 2 times. my 1st flight i had forgotten to update the GoPro ( cause i didn't know that was a thing lol) and now its updated and i have a question..or two?

1: Is the GoPro, when hooked up to Solo, supposed to power up when solo turns on? cause mine doesn't as i have to manually turn it on to get feed ( i have checked the settings in the app and it is set to the GoPro Silver which is installed)

2: is any one else having or had an issue where when you start a recording, and the video feed freezes up after 16 seconds? i have to manually restart the GoPro to 'fix' it but i have to cycle its power twice, once because the GoPro attempts to repair the file, then another time to fully reboot it. this has happened twice during the same flying session.

Some side notes would be that photo shots are fine and don't cause the feed to freeze, and the GoPro functions perfectly when unmounted and handled freely so i know its not the GoPro. and the GoPro is properly seating in the gimbal with the HDMI plugged in securely.
Change the memory cards for faster

Tapatalkkal küldve az én F3211 eszközömről

Good thread, I have the 16 second freezing problem since I switched the GoPro to 2.7k/60. My only difference is that I must have the older GoPro firmware because my camera IS turning on and off with the solo.

Change the memory cards for faster

Tapatalkkal küldve az én F3211 eszközömről

I've been using Sandisk Ultra Plus (80MB/s)... I do see it's not on the list of recommended cards... but the recommended one's are only up to 90MB/s, will it really make a difference?

Yes i used sandisk it was problem. Changed to Sony still no problem. I dont know why. But it is working.

Last edited:
That does seem to have fixed the problem... flew twice since going to a 95MB/s card and have not had an issue with 2.7k/60

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela