New to the forum, leaping into the Solo

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been a 3 month reader and recently made my first purchase. Got a Solo bundle in December for $299, and also got a Phantom 4 for $799, both at Best buy. Have since added 2 more Solo bundles for the same $299, 4 extra batteries at $39 and 6 boxes of propellers for $4.99. Got two LowePro CS drone backpacks for $49 each and one Solo Drone backpack for $50 via OfferUp. Keeping my eyes open to pick up more props at $4.99 if they pop up again.

I've flow the Phantom 4 once, under 5 minutes because of a memory card issue. Have flown the Solo repeatedly and I do love it. For some reason, I feel more comfortable zipping around with the Solo than I do with the Phantom. Maybe because of my investment in each Solo, vs the cost of the DJI.

Stil have not understood how do accomplish some things with the Solo. Need to figure out how to use things like the smart shots and to use the mapping stuff. I love this drone.

Welcome...

Do you have a link for that lower pro bag??

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hello all. I have been a 3 month reader and recently made my first purchase. Got a Solo bundle in December for $299, and also got a Phantom 4 for $799, both at Best buy. Have since added 2 more Solo bundles for the same $299, 4 extra batteries at $39 and 6 boxes of propellers for $4.99. Got two LowePro CS drone backpacks for $49 each and one Solo Drone backpack for $50 via OfferUp. Keeping my eyes open to pick up more props at $4.99 if they pop up again.

I've flow the Phantom 4 once, under 5 minutes because of a memory card issue. Have flown the Solo repeatedly and I do love it. For some reason, I feel more comfortable zipping around with the Solo than I do with the Phantom. Maybe because of my investment in each Solo, vs the cost of the DJI.

Stil have not understood how do accomplish some things with the Solo. Need to figure out how to use things like the smart shots and to use the mapping stuff. I love this drone.

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!
Welcome to the world of Solo.
When you want to try something even more fun, Mission Planner (PC) or Tower (Android) allow you to program auto missions. As an upgrade to the 3DR app, try Solex (Android only). Already more functionality, and improving every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome...

Do you have a link for that lower pro bag??

No, I didn't purchase via any link. It was in person at the local Best Buy. The advertised price when I got them was $149 per bag. I was also complaining about an issue I had, to the store manager and the store manager is whom gave me both bags at the price I quoted.

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!
Welcome to the world of Solo.
When you want to try something even more fun, Mission Planner (PC) or Tower (Android) allow you to program auto missions. As an upgrade to the 3DR app, try Solex (Android only). Already more functionality, and improving every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am using an iPad for my Solo. Is there any type of mission planning software available to use with the iPad and the Solo?

Are there any other cameras that will provide live video to the Solo controller, which can be accommodated to the quad?

Probably best to use Tower or MP for pre programmed waypoint missions; however, if you're willing to pre-fly the mission you can use your iOS and the Solo app to set up a multi point cable cam. The cable can be saved and flown over again. One advantage of MPCC is you can set your camera framing using FPV at each waypoint and Solo will remember it. You can also switch into Free look and control the gimbal independently as you fly the cable. Speed and altitude can also be changed as you fly the cable.

I am using an iPad for my Solo. Is there any type of mission planning software available to use with the iPad and the Solo?

Are there any other cameras that will provide live video to the Solo controller, which can be accommodated to the quad?
Any camera with micro hdmi port will provide fpv, but you can't control the camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986