New to Solo

Reaction score
new Solo pilot from Georgia US. Have not flown yet setting up. Do you have to have an Internet connection to fly?

Jimmy I am new as well. Looking forward to the forum and tips. I have not even opened the box yet! I have however found a way to spend more on upgrades and supplies, not sure how that happened.

nope!!! But u need the internet to update as soon as you turn it on for the first time !

Welcome, Jimmy and DoogieH. Before going much further, I highly suggest you guys download the owners manual, and take some time to go through it. Become familiar with the basics before starting out to fly. The manual will cover a lot of the questions you probably have right now. It is the best investment of time you can do. Good luck, and fly safe.

Chuck is right
here is my recommendation if you are new to solo
grab that manual
answer these questions before flying
what happens if you lose GPS
What happens if you loose controller signal
what happens when your battery gets low
these are solos fail safes
then do the flight school videos on smart shots
then find a big old field away from everything and try your new skills

no one wants to be that guy who crashed or lost their drone first flight

Reactions: SARDG and Chuck
Thanks gang, been reading the manual and here on the forum. Hope to contribute soon, and take advise when needed.

Thanks, fortunately in south Georgia we have alot of big open cotton fields right now. All the drones i have are basically less expensive and fly manually. So I don't want my Solo to take off and i will never see it again

So nice to see some new posts! Expect there will be a lot more interest, now that the prices have dropped. I must admit, I've got 4 Solo's ordered. My first has already arrived, and I finally got the updates, etc. etc. Flew a little in Manual mode, still reading and watching all the You Tube stuff. I will add, most of the "problems" I've read/heard about, are from pilot error. Not calibrated, not waiting for GPS, etc. etc. At $299 these are a real steal! I'll probably wind up moth-balling a lot of my current fleet! And lastly, "Happy New Year" to one and all.

So nice to see some new posts! Expect there will be a lot more interest, now that the prices have dropped. I must admit, I've got 4 Solo's ordered. My first has already arrived, and I finally got the updates, etc. etc. Flew a little in Manual mode, still reading and watching all the You Tube stuff. I will add, most of the "problems" I've read/heard about, are from pilot error. Not calibrated, not waiting for GPS, etc. etc. At $299 these are a real steal! I'll probably wind up moth-balling a lot of my current fleet! And lastly, "Happy New Year" to one and all.

Where are they $299?

Best Buy "had" that price for a couple weeks. Some versions "with the gimble". I ordered 2. Just today I found just the Solo, no gimble on Amazon for $331.99 soooo, I ordered 2. Yes, I'm a nut, but I remember the original prices. Now I have 4 for about the same price!

Best Buy "had" that price for a couple weeks. Some versions "with the gimble". I ordered 2. Just today I found just the Solo, no gimble on Amazon for $331.99 soooo, I ordered 2. Yes, I'm a nut, but I remember the original prices. Now I have 4 for about the same price!
Remember... IF you crash (not that you would, of course), the most vulnerable piece of the system IS the gimbal. You should consider a $40 gimbal or 2 if they are still available for that price. I have 4 Solos, but 6 gimbals.

new Solo pilot from Georgia US. Have not flown yet setting up. Do you have to have an Internet connection to fly?

No you don't. The Solo Controller generates its own WiFi signal that you need to connect to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you do need an internet connection to do the "update" before the first flight.

But you do need an internet connection to do the "update" before the first flight.

For the updates, yes. You can download the updates using tour home wifi prior to starting up and connecting to the Solo or the controller. The downloaded updates are downloaded using the Solo app and stored in the App. Once you connect to the Solo wifi, you'll be able to install the update via the spooky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421