New Solo pilot from Vancouver Canada

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm a Veteran Iris+ pilot and just picked up the Solo for such an amazing price that I could not say no. Seriously thought of buying 2.:) I have had nothing but great experiences with 3DR and the iris+...I am so looking forward to receiving it.

I'm not concerned at all about the recent shift at 3dr, I mean I'm sad that they will no longer be producing such quality consumer level drones, but I get it. Business is all about the Benjamin's and consumer level drone interest is leveling off. I've seen the interest surge the last few years, but now not so much. How many Kickstarter drone Co. Started with high Investmentment 2 years ago? There were so many. How many shipped products? I bet less than 15%.

Solo will remain at 3dr for some time imo just not at the scale we were hoping it to be. They're just not going to spend a lot of resources anymore on it. 3DR is a good company with a quality product that we will hopefully benefit from for years to come (optimistic I am :D).

I'm going to look forward to learning from all you Veteran Solo Pilots. Thanks for having me.
Cheers

Reactions: bluesgeek and Chuck
Welcome! Always good to have another PNW in here. I'm south of you in Puyallup WA which is east of Tacoma.

I'll advise you to do the same thing I tell all the PNWs, paint it orange. I can't tell you how many times I've lost sight of my Solo when it was black. It just blends into the tall, dark green trees.

Business is all about the Benjamins

Shouldn't you be saying that business is all about the Bordens?

Reactions: bluesgeek
Hi Ed

Haha. I'll definitely consider finding a bright neon orange paint. Great idea.

Hi George. I picked one up here at a sweet deal too. I am new to the whole drone thing. Where do you like to fly locally for recreation? Seems there are few spots available to us, with all the control zones around the lower mainland. I was out near Deer lake yesterday.

Gonna try a park a bit closer to the water near the second narrows bridge today.

Cheers.
Gary

Hi George. I picked one up here at a sweet deal too. I am new to the whole drone thing. Where do you like to fly locally for recreation? Seems there are few spots available to us, with all the control zones around the lower mainland. I was out near Deer lake yesterday.

Gonna try a park a bit closer to the water near the second narrows bridge today.

Cheers.
Gary
Hi Gary

I flew it out near Mission this morning. Just getting used to the solo software, flying some shots and in manual mode. I travel a lot so most of the use I'll get will be while out of town. So far I'm loving the solo.

Cheers

I had a much better day today flying in burnaby heights. Yah I bought the solo for trips to Hawaii and hiking etc more than just local too. Did you get the backpack for travelling? I think that's my next purchase.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That's great. You'll get amazing footage in Hawaii

Yes. I bought the amazon prime day deal that included the gimbal and backpack. Love the backpack. It really makes it convenient

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela