New Solo pilot from California.

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got myself a 3DR Solo (my first drone) and love it so far. I've had it about a week and have, so far, only been able to fly it once. I'm working on my FAA Part 107 (studying currently), and am wanting to get experience flying before trying to find some job opportunities too. Lots of agriculture here, so it seems like a field where there would be a need for qualified people. With that said, I definitely enjoy flying just for pleasure.

I'm definitely going to check out the rest of the forums here and learn more about the Solo and capabilities. I'm also interested in possibly doing some mods with it, such as different blades, electronics, programming, etc. and of course learning all about photography.

Looking to get to know y'all.

Thanks!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Reactions: seiberSolo
Welcome, seiberSolo. Good luck on your Part 107 endeavor. If you haven't done so, also download the Solo manual. A lot of Solo info is in it. What part of the Ca. are you in? I wish you luck, and safe flying.

Reactions: seiberSolo
Welcome, seiberSolo. Good luck on your Part 107 endeavor. If you haven't done so, also download the Solo manual. A lot of Solo info is in it. What part of the Ca. are you in? I wish you luck, and safe flying.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm up north of Sacramento, near Chico. Lots of wide open space here, but also lots of airport/airstrip zones... looking for a place to fly. I might check into joining up at one of the local AMA fields here.

if you are in bay area? if so we can fly our solo someday

I'd love to fly down at the beach in SF sometime, if they allow it there. I'm still new to learning things like local ordinances, etc. And of course being 5 miles from an airport. It's tricky where I live unless I get up in the mountains, or someone's pasture. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421