New Solo owner, gimbal question

Reaction score
So I've owned the Solo for a couple weeks now, and have to admit at first I was totally frustrated with the horrible performance of the gimbal. It would tilt, pan, and basically go crazy constantly during flight, making it impossible to get a good shot, or to navigate without keeping a line of sight with Solo itself.

Thankfully the recent software update cleared up most of my issues, but I'm still having one. The gimbal no longer goes crazy and pans/tilts by itself, but I'm noticing that whenever I use the toggle on the remote to tilt it up to 90 degrees, it almost immediately drops down to 82 or 89 degrees right away. During flight, the same thing happens, I can't seem to keep it at 90 degrees. When I move the toggle to 90, it immediately drops. Then if I fly it around a bit, look down at the screen, I'll see somewhere between 60-70 degrees, without touching the toggle at all. Does anyone else have this issue? I really want to keep it up at 90 degrees to get some good sunset and horizon shots.

If you don't have a Hero4 Black, are you using the right counter weights?

I have a Hero 3+ Black and have the correct counterweights in place. Since the update, it's perfectly balanced and still. The only issues I'm still having is the degree of tilt sometimes changing when I want it to stay fixed at 90 degrees.

I have a Hero 3+ Black and have the correct counterweights in place. Since the update, it's perfectly balanced and still. The only issues I'm still having is the degree of tilt sometimes changing when I want it to stay fixed at 90 degrees.
Call 3DR. Fastest way to get to the bottom of it.

So I've owned the Solo for a couple weeks now, and have to admit at first I was totally frustrated with the horrible performance of the gimbal. It would tilt, pan, and basically go crazy constantly during flight, making it impossible to get a good shot, or to navigate without keeping a line of sight with Solo itself.

Thankfully the recent software update cleared up most of my issues, but I'm still having one. The gimbal no longer goes crazy and pans/tilts by itself, but I'm noticing that whenever I use the toggle on the remote to tilt it up to 90 degrees, it almost immediately drops down to 82 or 89 degrees right away. During flight, the same thing happens, I can't seem to keep it at 90 degrees. When I move the toggle to 90, it immediately drops. Then if I fly it around a bit, look down at the screen, I'll see somewhere between 60-70 degrees, without touching the toggle at all. Does anyone else have this issue? I really want to keep it up at 90 degrees to get some good sunset and horizon shots.
I noticed this too when I first installed my replacement gimbal. It happens to me when I move the tilt up at full speed and hit 90 degrees and continue to press after the initial vibration feedback from the controller. The camera "rebounds" slightly and lowers a bit. When moving the camera up slowly, I didn't have the same problem. I probably sat with it in my living room tilting up and down for a good 10 minutes to see what was going on. Probably a small bug. I'll email 3DR to report it as well.

i had the same issue - but it only happened during manual operation.

i fixed that issue "temporarily" by instead of manually operating the GoPro using the the two settings on the controller. they will fix that soon so i've been patiently using my fix.

Cool...glad to know I'm not the only one having the issue.

I noticed something else when flying yesterday. So I tilted up to 90 degrees, then started flying out over the lake to get a shot coming back to shore. When I started to fly back in the camera angle was about 65 degrees. It seems like when the Solo "tilts" for normal flight, the gimbal doesn't compensate for that when the body gets level again. It stay at the same tilt angle as when it was flying forward. Kind of annoying but I'm hoping for a fix soon.

we are supposed to be able in cable to set both the point and camera framing. the SOLO does the math and is supposed smoothly move from one to the other.

speed is also an option as is hitting FLY returning the controls to you. If you're using Android for solo app make sure you're running 3DR Services first, open SOLO app from inside services. Also check out TOWER app only if you're running an Android device. it has some super cool features.

Some guys have posted that they set a preset at 85 degrees and film from there instead of 90. Helps keep the props from inadvertently popping into frame. Just something to think about.

Guys I'm really frustrated with my drone. I've had so much fun making videos and it literally fell from a foot and a half n now my gimbal goes nuts! I even bought a replacement one and does the same thing. I looked up every forum in regards to the gimbal and tried all there adjustments and I can't get it to stabilize anymore. Please help :/

Guys I'm really frustrated with my drone. I've had so much fun making videos and it literally fell from a foot and a half n now my gimbal goes nuts! I even bought a replacement one and does the same thing. I looked up every forum in regards to the gimbal and tried all there adjustments and I can't get it to stabilize anymore. Please help :/
Eduardo- could you please describe what it's doing? "Going nuts" is a little vague to offer a diagnosis.

I turn the drone on, the gimbal starts rocking up down and side to side. Even after I put the new one on it does the same thing

Eduardo- could you please describe what it's doing? "Going nuts" is a little vague to offer a diagnosis.

I literally just turn it on and it starts bobbing everywhere like its having a seizure. Theirs a guy on here with a video under "crazy gimbal"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea