New Solo Owner from Bay Area San Francisco

Reaction score
i have not formally introduced myself but i've been a member of this forum for a month now. i also have been reading the solo manual. i am actually new to Solo but truth be told, i have 5 of them and the crazy part is - i have not flown a single one. reason being is - i am waiting for my tablet and gopro 4. i do have an iphone and an ipad 4 but wanted to have a dedicated tablet to use for my solo. anyway i am learning a lot from this forum and i thank you guys for your countless advises. i am also making my own gps V1 cover for 3 of my drones. i wish i could find the time fly my solo but for now just racking up and trying to get as much inventory i could get for this drone.

thanks,
vic

PS: that 199 BB price is so tempting.... better check my senses now.

i have not formally introduced myself but i've been a member of this forum for a month now. i also have been reading the solo manual. i am actually new to Solo but truth be told, i have 5 of them and the crazy part is - i have not flown a single one. reason being is - i am waiting for my tablet and gopro 4. i do have an iphone and an ipad 4 but wanted to have a dedicated tablet to use for my solo. anyway i am learning a lot from this forum and i thank you guys for your countless advises. i am also making my own gps V1 cover for 3 of my drones. i wish i could find the time fly my solo but for now just racking up and trying to get as much inventory i could get for this drone.

thanks,
vic

PS: that 199 BB price is so tempting.... better check my senses now.

Aloha Vic. Where in the Bay are you planning on flying.

yes, being that I am new to this, I do t even know where in the Bay Area I could test fly my drone. I am hoping somewhere open like by university ave.(Berkeley area) by the waterfront. I know they have an open field out there. Otherwise my only choice is to start from my backyard.

Welcome Vic. Being from the Bay area, you may want to check somewhere for the local ordinances or regs for the area you live in. It seems the larger the city, the more restricted they are about flying drones. I sure hope you have a lot of choices to fly in, as the Bay area is a treasure trove of places for video and picture taking. I also applaud you for doing your due diligence by studying the manual, and using this forum to become more informed before you fly. You have way more patience than most. Good luck, and fly safe.

Reactions: Enoch Leisure
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Why 5 drones......Are you starting a squadron ??? Are you planning on crashing & burning ? & Welcome....

Let's see 5 x 300 = 1,500....that would have bought a nice Mavic Pro.....oops...did I just say that .....

actually I love my Solo ........ they are great when they are dialed in......enjoy your 5 !!!!!

thanks guys for the welcome. really appreciate it. @Chuck will definitely check the ins and outs of where to fly in the bay area. hopefully i can finish reading the manual soon. @Bilge - don;t really know why i need 5 solos. at first i bought a hubsan x4 H501S for $225. when i was waiting for my Hubsan i started googlinh about drone and that's were i came acrossed the SOLO. i ordered from amazon for $299 (missed the BB deal). i thought i am OK. but then i joined this forum and i've read that people are buying multiple drones for backup (since they stopped making it). amazon doesn't come with free gimbal so i bought one. then for backup i ordered another one from Amazon. just when i received them i saw this Backpack deal so i ordered 1 (that's 3). when i found out that BB has a deal with free gimbal and that they will price match amazon (price went down to 261 at amazon) i ordered 1 at best buy, i was like ok i got 4 now so what's next? found out they have a rev B gps at my local BB (i checked the box and it has 2 circle) i ordered another one. so now here i am with 5 solos, 3 gimbals, 1 backpack, 1 hubsan 501S, 1 syma and 1 WlToys Inspire. so total 8 drones that i have not flown yet. Again thank you guys.

wow....that's an interesting start into the drone world.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea