New solo and gimbal with shaky results

BAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just received a new solo (my second one) installed gimbal, reinstalled gimbal etc and have still shaky footage:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shot at 2.7k 50fps GoPro 4 black

I havent balanced props, but the first solo I had I didn't and had better footage.

Any ideas?? I know this is a huge subject.

Thanks

Forgot to mention - also had nd filter attached.

check for wire contact inside the solo that is the problem I had when installing mine
here is a video that might show that in action at the 6:35 mark

Thanks geekpilot, yeah i've tried this a few times now. I think it is all tucked away and not touching anything. I can't see your video though sorry.

Here is the same footage - basic post in iMovie with small amount of colour correction and stabilise shaky video function.

I think the vibrations are a little less, but I thought solo gimbal would produce a better result.

Hi, BAR. For what it is worth, I saw no vibration in either of your videos. I watched the first one several times to be sure, but it looked real good to me. Granted, my 63 yr. old eyes may not be what they used to be, but I thought your video looked just fine. Also keep in mind I am by no means a professional....:)

Hi Chuck, thanks mate - looking at it again I might be a bit fussy! I flew this morning with some different settings on GoPro and ND filters. Much better. I'm happy to do a little tweaking in post.
Thanks Pyrate - yes, I probably jumped the gun. I will get a balancer kit and do this and compare the results.

Thanks for your time! I freaking love this drone.

Reactions: pyrate
This mornings test....happy days, now to move onto getting some inspirational stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea