New rules for flying recreational drones in Canada

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
Under the new restrictions, which are effective immediately, recreational drone pilots are prohibited from flying their UAVs higher than 90 metres, within 75 metres of buildings, animals or people, or within nine kilometres of an airport. Night flights are also prohibited under the new restriction, which promises a fine of up to $3,000. Read more at the source listed below...

SOURCE: New rules for flying recreational drones in Canada

Under the new restrictions, which are effective immediately, recreational drone pilots are prohibited from flying their UAVs higher than 90 metres, within 75 metres of buildings, animals or people, or within nine kilometres of an airport. Night flights are also prohibited under the new restriction, which promises a fine of up to $3,000. Read more at the source listed below...

SOURCE: New rules for flying recreational drones in Canada
Flying your drone safely and legally - Transport Canada

Meah, just drive out of town. Why the fuck do you need to fly in town or over buildings? I hold an SFOC from transport canada which allows me to fly in all of Alberta. Pretty much my regulations are the same as the rec flyer.
My rules: 400' altitude limit.
No flying over built up areas or by airports (so no flying over sub divisions)
No flying over Minors / schools or crowds.

and if flying over private property get permission.

Thats pretty much it. Pretty easy.

This is a good tool.
AirMap.io

Yep. Recreational drone flying in Canada has effectively just been made illegal. It's virtually impossible to find anyplace to fly now without breaking one or another of these laws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela