New owner, should I stock up?

Reaction score
I just purchased a kit from Best buy. I won't have it until next weekend as I will be out of town. I've been waiting to get into the drone market for awhile but the $1000+ for decent quality kept me back. With the $299 BB deal I jumped on it. Also picked up an additional gimbal as well.

BB is out of batteries :(

Would you recommend ordered extra? If so from where?
I have a go pro 4 silver and a iPhone 7+ so I hope I don't have any compatibility issues. Just hate to keep spending money on it and if I get it it doesn't work right.

Any repuitable place to get extra batteries? Anything else I should get. The sense of urgency is there due to everything being discontinued. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reactions: FlyXlsa
Welcome! I'm new here too. Tip of the Day: Read the Manual this week. There are OEM 3DR Solo batteries on both eBay and Google Shopping. eBay's "Buyer Protection" allows you to pretty much return anything and PayPal adds another layer of protection. It sucks for sellers, but it's great for buyers. Two is the minimum number of batteries for any UAS I own.

I just purchased a kit from Best buy. I won't have it until next weekend as I will be out of town. I've been waiting to get into the drone market for awhile but the $1000+ for decent quality kept me back. With the $299 BB deal I jumped on it. Also picked up an additional gimbal as well.

BB is out of batteries :(

Would you recommend ordered extra? If so from where?
I have a go pro 4 silver and a iPhone 7+ so I hope I don't have any compatibility issues. Just hate to keep spending money on it and if I get it it doesn't work right.

Any repuitable place to get extra batteries? Anything else I should get. The sense of urgency is there due to everything being discontinued. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
best buy should be ordering you one from other store....it is part of their $299 price.....did you get that explained to you at checkout....

I did get one extra so my order should arrive with 2. Just read on my cruise website that I cannot bring it onboard on my upcoming trip :( darn. Oh well. I will see how I do with 2 batteries to start and order more if necessary I guess.

I assumed he bought the Backpack Bundle (no extra battery) BB11A. There's not a battery to be found within 250 miles of me and the BestBuy website is showing the battery as not available for shipping either. The other package comes with Battery, Props and Gimbal so maybe they're saving supplies for the remaining Solo Packages SA11A?

I assumed he bought the Backpack Bundle (no extra battery) BB11A. There's not a battery to be found within 250 miles of me and the BestBuy website is showing the battery as not available for shipping either. The other package comes with Battery, Props and Gimbal so maybe they're saving supplies for the remaining Solo Packages SA11A?

I bought the other package. I had to remove the props from my order as they were not available for shipping. Decided to pick up one extra battery from Amazon for $40. So I will have 3 batteries and an extra gimbal. Done shopping for now. Now I wait lol

Just joined the club today. BB bundle BB11A, also ordering a used GoPro 4 black. Should be here wed, but it may be another month before I get it outside, guess garage -precheck to make sure everything is working. That 14 day Best Buy return exchange is a pain.

Is there a link or a modification list for novices. My ultimate target will be recording some JV soccer for my daughter. Also just flying the drone around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Done shopping? You haven't even started yet! :cool:

As for props, a lot of guys on here are flying on their original props. I saw a thread about some upgraded after-market props that look nice. Some on here like them better and say they are quieter.

3DR Solo Propeller Upgrade - Master Airscrew 10x4.5 MR Propeller

Use the search feature and check it out? I may order a set, but I just bought a second 3DR Solo.

Just bought 2 @ 45 / each over weekend.....I now have 6 batteries for 2 Solo's..... that's enough......
Upgraded my Solo with GPS.....& Polar Pro LED lights & GoPro 3-pk filters ......last upgrade will be WiFi........enough is enough......need to stop......

My Master Airscrew props arrive tomorrow I do believe.
May not get to try them out until Sunday as the weather here has been a mixed bag of rain and snow.

They look great and am excited to give them a spin.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000