New GoPro Hero 4 firmware...

What model GoPro do you have and what firmware are you running? For all intents and purposes, and no matter what you've read about full GP compatibility, the most 3DR friendly GP, with the max amount of things that go right, is GPH4 Black running FW v 3.0. FW 4.0 defeats auto-on with Solo - and has a few other issues, as well.

I am running a GoPro hero 4 black and have reverted to fw v 3.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that info in another post. I cannot tell you if you can change EV from the Solo App as I don't remember ever trying it. Solex has 2 big buttons on the home screen (- and +) to change EV, but I haven't tried that. Kelly (Solex author) advised that you cannot change EV without stopping record first - its a GP thing apparently. Since 3DR provides so little documentation, I will still assume that EV cannot be changed in Solo App without stopping recording first, change EV, hit record again.

Where can I find a downloadable version 3.0? I allowed the GoPro app to update it so I don't have the old version anywhere.

I saw that info in another post. I cannot tell you if you can change EV from the Solo App as I don't remember ever trying it. Solex has 2 big buttons on the home screen (- and +) to change EV, but I haven't tried that. Kelly (Solex author) advised that you cannot change EV without stopping record first - its a GP thing apparently. Since 3DR provides so little documentation, I will still assume that EV cannot be changed in Solo App without stopping recording first, change EV, hit record again.

It's a shame you can't change the EV on photos

It's a shame you can't change the EV on photos
Again... I don't use v4, but on v3 (which I think you are now running), if you turn on Protune you will be able to adjust EV and ISO Limit for photos in the GP App.

ETA: I just tried it myself, works fine with App. Haven't tried in flight, but seems it would be possible. Solex has those 2 big buttons on the home screen for EV change.

Last edited:
I've changed it in flight. If you pull up the settings there is no specific mention of photo EV like there is in the GoPro app but changing the Video EV setting does effect the exposure of the photos. Here is an unedited comparison of two nearly identical shots were I changed the video EV setting between still shots.

Attachments

• photoEV.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
I've changed it in flight. If you pull up the settings there is no specific mention of photo EV like there is in the GoPro app but changing the Video EV setting does effect the exposure of the photos. Here is an unedited comparison of two nearly identical shots were I changed the video EV setting between still shots.

That's awesome. I must try this out

The only time you can't change EV is when you are actively recording video because gopro locks the setting for the duration of the recording. In between videos, no prob. In between photos, no prob.

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
Today I checked and gopro 4 bk with fw 4.0 can handle 128gb memory card as well.
I read some time ago that max 64gb can be used...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela