New Goof up.

Reaction score
So I took my Solo out of the box to attach the props. Long story short I accidentally took off one of the little plastic "stickers" with the prop screw on direction on it (see pic). Does the prop actually locate on these stickers like a shim? Do I need to replace it? Am I doomed?

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    870.1 KB · Views: 20
So I took my Solo out of the box to attach the props. Long story short I accidentally took off one of the little plastic "stickers" with the screw on direction on it (see pic). Does the prop actually locate on these stickers like a shim? Do I need to replace it? Am I doomed?

Not a shim. Remove before installing propellers.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
it's just a sticker to help with install....you should definitely remove it before flight! no sense in adding any extra FOD to the system!

So I took my Solo out of the box to attach the props. Long story short I accidentally took off one of the little plastic "stickers" with the prop screw on direction on it (see pic). Does the prop actually locate on these stickers like a shim? Do I need to replace it? Am I doomed?
Look close. The little sticker actually say to remove it before attaching props.

if you want to help overheat the motors keep the stickers on ;)

What's the difference between the props with black versus silver centers?
Look at the little arrows on them, one tightens to the motor with a clockwise spin, the other uses a counter clockwise spin. Match the silver on the prop to the silver on the top of the motor, same with the black.

I hate to say it but, watch the videos or read the printed info sheets.

This is all spelled out clearly and easier than posting here on the forum while your trying to get started.

Just a friendly warning to some of the new owners. Don't just remove the sticker and screw the prop on, when I unboxed my solo I noticed that the stickers were placed wrong on my motors, for example the silver stickers were placed on the black prop and vice versa. Luckily I noticed this before trying to screw them on and stripping the thread. See photo.

Photo 2015-07-07, 14 19 13.jpg

You can honestly just place them on and spin both ways and they'll only go on one way no need to use any force and mess em up then just snug em a bit when they start spinning motor easy enough with your eyes closed. Wish I knew how people manage to cross thread these and phantom props without realizing something ain't right before pulling out the vise grips. Didn't you see the ad a baboon can use solo, however I'd say the update was a bit tricky for em day 1. Lol

Just a friendly warning to some of the new owners. Don't just remove the sticker and screw the prop on, when I unboxed my solo I noticed that the stickers were placed wrong on my motors, for example the silver stickers were placed on the black prop and vice versa. Luckily I noticed this before trying to screw them on and stripping the thread. See photo.

View attachment 275
Just FYI. the black shafts and the silver shafts are threaded opposite of each other. the props match not only the color but the thread direction. you can put a black prop on silver shaft all day long but it will not thread.

View attachment 275
you won't strip any screws they just won't tighten because you will be turning them the wrong way.

AlI I merely tried to say was don't go according to the stickers and to answer the original question of should they be removed. I bet you will get some guy forcing a prop onto a wrong shaft because he went according to the sticker placement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc