New from NW Oregon...

Zzz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So stoked this forum exists! It's already benefitted me greatly while solving some of the puzzles of the Solo, which, while I am new to drone flight, I have to admit is a great design. I flew gas powered RC airplanes a lot as a kid, and fly actual airplanes as a hobby, but the quadcopters available nowadays are amazing to me.

I'm an amateur aviation filmmaker specializing in bush flying, and run a website called Backcountry Pilot. Our Youtube channel: Backcountry Pilot Any drone footage appearing in our film until now was incidental, shot by someone else and contributed. Excited to be shooting my own finally.

I long lusted after the DJI stuff but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger, feeling that money was better spent on lenses and camera bodies. But then like many people recently I imagine, the Best Buy deal appeared.

Kinda been out of the GoPro scene since modding my HERO3 a few years ago with the Backbone Ribcage. I recently bought a HERO4 Black (ouch) a few days ago and will be installing the Backbone 3DR Air kit on it so I can run the rectilinear 3.4mm lens, among others.

Currently running an NVIDIA Shield K1, HERO4 Black. I made an edit of the maiden flight of my solo, and experimented with some masked exposure adjustment in Premiere to eek some better range out of the HERO4. For having Protune on, the footage still seemed pretty noisy. Will Protune footage be more noisy because it doesn't have the standard GoPro processing, which might include some onboard noise reduction?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks.

Reactions: Quinn and MCSPDX
Welcome to the forum! Like you I started with RC and full scale airplanes. I discovered DIY multirotors a couple years ago, and the Solo about 6 months ago. Amazing tool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zzz
Welcome! Looks like you don't have any trouble flying Solo.
In fact, you fly like a 'Choppa pilot!

Sorry, can't help with the Protune issue- I have found lots of GoPro info with Google though.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela