New Back Pack

Reaction score
Just ordered this:

GPC

Which is non-wheeled, and only one linear inch over the carry-on luggage specification of EVERY airline leaving Tulsa, OK (like the original 3DR carry box).....I know what you're thinking.....'bigger stuff'll will fit in the over-head, Squire...

...well NOT when you're leaving T-Town and you're only choices (except one Amer. Airlines 737 to DFW/day) are either the CanadaAir Regional Jet 200 or the Embraer 175.....and the gate attendants are going hyper to keep the hillbillies from bringing everything they own in carry-ons to avoid the baggage fee.....

...but it should be only 2 inches taller than my worn-out Swiss-army backpack that ain't never let me down in 17 trans-Pacific crossings to date..... and not nearly as bloated and boxy as the 3DR Solo back pack which I have already ordered and sent back .....and that means it SHOULD fit in the tiny overheads even if I have to carry my laptop in a sleeve.....

....or maybe its just another misrepresented piece of trash like every thing everyone of my vendors has tried but failed to deliver this year-to-date...

So the Solo will be lashed into the new pack and we will go around the Horn. Are you frightened to go around the Horn, Mr. Christian? Are you a coward too, sir?

Last edited:
Excellent Squire. Let us know how it fits on the airlines. It even carries more batteries than my GPC hard case.

Rather than post picks, since professionally taken pics are aplenty on the above posted link, Ill tell you another story:

The pack arrived and I took it out of the box and unzipped it and looked inside...and thought "how the heck is the gimbal gonna fit?" then I realized, they'd sent me the pack for the DJI Phantom 3. :)

So I sent them an e-mail right away w/ a PDF of the packing slip..."I ordered X, but you sent me Y, please advise."

Within about 15 minutes, I got an e-mail back saying , "Apologies for the mix up. The correct pack is being expedited this afternoon to you. Inside will be a return FedEx label for the one you have now."

Two business days later, the correct pack shows up. I look inside. Not only is the return label inside, but also a GPC lanyard and a set of their rotor spindle caps....very much appreciated....hey, I couldn't have taken the Solo anywhere or flown it in the mean time anyway due to weather.

After a horrendous month of dealing with AT&T, Intuit, landlords, etc., all messing stuff up that I had paid big bucks for in advance and then making me do the leg-work to fix it, this was like an angel on my shoulder.

Its much leaner than the 3DR pack, but has MANY more extra pockets, MOLLE, and crazy pro-adventurer shoulder, sternum, and hip straps (more expensive, to be sure) ..... but at 20" x 16" x 10", I still don't think its gonna fit into any regional jet overhead or under-seat.

Even so I am gonna keep it....its the most heinous back-pack available and I may just use it as such.....

Reactions: JD Films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado