new antenna wow

Reaction score
New to the solo drone,I just got the fpvlr antenna and flew it down the beach at Wildwood Crest NJ took it to 8000 ft. and I sent it home, upon coming home I turned it around at about 5000 ft. so the camera would face me. It got disconnected I freaked out turned off the app and turned it back on twice got reconnected and flew it home. Will the solo still fly home when disconnected? I could have taken solo even further but wow this was over a mile and half and had 11 satellites , pretty amazing

By default the Solo will return to where it was armed if connection with the controller is lost. Of course as the user you can configure it (with Mission Planner) to do pretty much whatever you want it to do.

New to the solo drone,I just got the fpvlr antenna and flew it down the beach at Wildwood Crest NJ took it to 8000 ft. and I sent it home, upon coming home I turned it around at about 5000 ft. so the camera would face me. It got disconnected I freaked out turned off the app and turned it back on twice got reconnected and flew it home. Will the solo still fly home when disconnected? I could have taken solo even further but wow this was over a mile and half and had 11 satellites , pretty amazing
Yes, it happen to me all of time! Always RTH,

Remember to fly your drone VLOS......( Visual Line of Sight ) ....and you won't get freaked out....& know the orientation of your aircraft...

The app is not required at all. Turning the app off and back on did nothing at all.

Remember its a good idea to check your RTH settings and change the altitude, to where your flying. It flys home as the crow flies, so if you went over the trees / hill it could fly through the trees/hill. I always set my RTH pretty high. That way it goes up first to altitude set then flies home and lands. Once your bird is back in RF coverage area you can press the FLY button or the Pause button and then you can resume control. No need to shut off the APP!! Enjoy fly safe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela