New 3dr Solo, Magnetic Interference no matter where I am.

Reaction score
I purchased the drone today and have tried it in 10+ locations, all open fields. It keeps saying Magnetic Interference. I have tried to do Compass Calibration but EVERY time it fails, The bar gets half way and says Compass Calibration Unsuccessful. Have you guys heard of them coming damaged from the factory or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

so if you have nothing else on the bird or near the bird that might emit signals then you could try a factory reset
otherwise submit a ticket through the app

i'll give factory reset a shot, I dont see it in the settings section on the app.

its not an app option, grab the manual it will be in there. I have not done one since I left beta testing

gave that a shot with no luck. I sent the manufacturer an email since they will not be open for a few days. at this point I think im going to pack it back up and bring it to best buy for an exchange... no way there is that much magnetic interference all around me, everywhere I go. I read about people using it in their back yards and launching from boats etc... mine says mag interference in large open fields, parking lots.. even from my boat, which is aluminum and should have no magnetic properties.

not a good first impression with the drone but I feel like i'll love it once I get this sorted out.

I purchased the drone today and have tried it in 10+ locations, all open fields. It keeps saying Magnetic Interference. I have tried to do Compass Calibration but EVERY time it fails, The bar gets half way and says Compass Calibration Unsuccessful. Have you guys heard of them coming damaged from the factory or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
1. In the field you are trying to fly in, was your car near you, or far from you?
2. Did you calibrate with the gimbal on or off? I calibrated with my gimbal and gopro on the first time, and I got calibration errors. I took the gimbal and gopro off, and put only the gopro Frame on, and it seemed to fix the issue
3. Have you done firmware updates before calibration?

I found it took 2 or 3 try's to get mine to complete the calibration. Watch the little green bar at the top of the screen, when you tell it to start calibration. It has to move all the way across before it will accept it.

thanks for the help guys, nothing seemed to work so I brought it back for an exchange... brought the new.. new one to the same spot... fired up and have been flying it all morning, on my 4th battery now!

Reactions: dml931
Picked up a second Solo before the Best Buy sale ended. Took in out the other day for its first flight and had the same magnetic interference issue on the first try. Ran out of time to really check things correctly (was squeezing in flight before sunset). I do think I had my GP3 on wifi trying to connect to the little remote it has, so there could be one cause. Curious if anymore of these pop up before trying again. Just flew my original Solo at the same spot an hour ago and have never had that error come up. Calibration and GP issues could easily be the culprit but wanted to add a comment incase it helped.

I get a Magnetic Interference warning anytime I power any of my three Solos in the house. Outside I almost never have an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same problem try turning the antenna around i did and it worked. Let me know.

I discovered one day that the 3DR screwdriver can become magnetized... So if you happen to try a Compass Calibration while using your backpack as a physical platform for your Solo, you may want to remove the screwdriver from the pocket in the backpack. And while trying different cameras and mounting configurations, I often find that I need to redo the compass calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela