New 3DR Pilot for Vancouver

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Well I researched the Phantom 3 and 4 to death... couldn't decide on getting the cheaper 3 pro or the 4... then I saw the wicked bestbuy.ca sale for the solo for 899 cdn, and thought hey this is a lot cheaper and I already have a gopro4 and I can spend the extra cask on batteries and a backpack. So I took the plunge.

Love the packaging... unwrapping and setting up I'll give an 8 out of 10.

Updated everything.. took a couple tries to reset solo before everything showed updated.

I checked the gps board I had thinking I surely must have revision B. Nope :( Still A. Thought I might as well do the cardboard mod just for the heck of it as everyone seems to agree it helps immensely, and the last thing I wanted was to loose gps lock on my maiden voyage.

This morning I headed off to a legal flying area. So many airports around me I had to drive 30 minutes.

I leveled and calibrated compass. GPS lock was fast with 9 satellites :)

Off I went... perfect launch. Fun flying around. Unable to start my go pro though... rats. Hit the RTH button and watched it do a perfect landing.

Checked all camera connections. Powered up solo again. NOTHING.. it starts a power up sequence got less 2 white and 2 red but refuses to connect.

Damn had to go home. Chatted with tech.. did some troubleshooting. No go... took drone back to Bestbuy and got a new one. Wish me luck tomorrow will be a better day :)

I had a similar issue last weekend with my solo: On my third battery solo would not connect. Power cycled the drone three times, still would not connect. Started thinking of software conflicts & hardware hiccups... Then I cycled the Controller: Eureka! (Dah)

Anyway, Good luck westcoast604!

Reactions: westcoast604

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986