New 3DR owner from Virginia

Reaction score
Hey 3DR Pilots.
I found this site while doing some research and found a bunch of useful advice. I wanted to buy the Solo when it first came out but $$$, so when I noticed the crazy price drop recently I had to jump on it. Extremely excited to finally get behind the sticks and have fun. I decide to join this group in order to learn more about the hobby/profession and hopefully be able to contribute some useful knowledge if I can.

Welcome! what part of Va are you from ? I use too live in Fairfax a few blocks from George Mason.Just be carefull flying anywhere within 100 miles from D.C., especially in Fairfax ... airspace is monitored very closely so stay below 400ft. and depending on what security alert DC is on sometimes they'll show up where your flying soon as you get in the air and make you land. Best to join a AMA club in your area where you can fly without worry... or find out where others are flying without worry...have fun and fly safe .

Welcome! what part of Va are you from ? I use too live in Fairfax a few blocks from George Mason.Just be carefull flying anywhere within 100 miles from D.C., especially in Fairfax ... airspace is monitored very closely so stay below 400ft. and depending on what security alert DC is on sometimes they'll show up where your flying soon as you get in the air and make you land. Best to join a AMA club in your area where you can fly without worry... or find out where others are flying without worry...have fun and fly safe .
Wja,
I live in Stafford, not too far from Fairfax and defiantly in the crosshairs of DC (last time I checked there is a TFR in effect so no go for flying around here right now). I will have to look into joining an AMA around me. Thanks for the advice and welcoming.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Reactions: rtmusclecar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela