Need Help with GoPro4 down Grade to 3.00 from 5.00

Reaction score
Hello,, this is my first post and I did a search but nothing relevant came up so here it goes.
I upgraded my GoPro 4 Black to 5.00 from 3.00 and now I don't get any FPV on my Solo Gimbel and I have gotton the 3DR how to but it doesn't work as they seem to have left out some very important info somehow, does anyone have an answer for me on how to down grade my Go Pro 4 black back to 3.0 I've talked to GoPro and NoGo there so I need a real work around.

Solo not powering on gopro here is the link to roll back
I tried that and it doesn't work. Now I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box but I 've trid this work around like a dozen times with every type of variable and I don't know if its me or what but I need someone that knows what they are doing to try this work around and tell me it works or whats missing or what I'm doing wrong .
I'm working with Windows 10 if that helps.

I tried that and it doesn't work. Now I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box but I 've trid this work around like a dozen times with every type of variable and I don't know if its me or what but I need someone that knows what they are doing to try this work around and tell me it works or whats missing or what I'm doing wrong .
I'm working with Windows 10 if that helps.

also this is what I sent them and their reply.
Hello, I have a 3dr Drone and it works with a GoPro 3+ or a GoPro 4 blk or silver. my problem I'm hoping you can help me with is an up Grade GoPro has just released 5.00 that renders GoPro's FPV and control not to work with our 3dr solo drones while it works fine with version 3.00 and what we need is a working work around or a way to down grade back to a 3.00 ? I've asked GoPro support and of course they are not going to undue what they have done for whatever reason and have contacted 3dr support which sent me a way to do it but I can't get it to work for me as I think they may have left a step out.
If you go to our forum at 3D Robotics Drone Forum you may in fact help a lot of us and get some new customers but first please help me.
Just want to get back to version 3.00 on my GoPro 4 black so I can have FPV.
This is what they sent me..
Owen (3DR)
Feb 2, 4:43 PM PST

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Technical Support.

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you but we are having an unusually high volume of workflow which makes it impossible to answer within the promised time frame.

The new GoPro firmware update (v5.0) is compatible with your SOLO app video feed and settings will work just fine, however, it will no longer turn on along with your SOLO unit. This is permanent and probably that functionality will not be re-enabled for the new GoPro Fw, although this is not a final decision. Besides that, there's a video codec change that alters the video feed when recording on 2.7K and 4K. It will simply zoom the image that is displayed in the app (the live feed), but the video recorded on the GoPro itself is not affected by this.
In case you want to revert firmware to v3.0 to regain old functionality, the steps to downgrade the GoPro Firmware below:
1. Download the UPDATE.zip file for your camera. GoPro Firmware
2. Extract the files with the option Extract to UPDATE
3. Insert the SD card from the GoPro into the computer
4. Copy the UPDATE folder to the microSD card
5. Insert the SD card back into the Gopro
6. Turn on the GoPro. This will perform the downgrade (the camera will restart itself about 4 times during the downgrade, this is normal).

Any other questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

Owen Torres
3DR Technical Support

The new firmware should work fine,
The new firmware does no power GoPro
At startUp, You know that right?, You have to power
By hand after Gimbal is stable.
Make sure the HDMI plug on the gimbal
Sits properly on the GoPro plug.
Does the GoPro records to Sd card?
Also try reinstalling the Solo app
To start fresh again,
Also try this:
power Solo, wait for gimbal to stabilize
Power GoPro.
Power Controler wait for it to boot
Conect to solo WiFi, open app
That works for me every time.

There is a website somewhere that has all the GoPro firmware versions on it. Shouldn't be too hard to find it

also this is what I sent them and their reply.
Hello, I have a 3dr Drone and it works with a GoPro 3+ or a GoPro 4 blk or silver. my problem I'm hoping you can help me with is an up Grade GoPro has just released 5.00 that renders GoPro's FPV and control not to work with our 3dr solo drones while it works fine with version 3.00 and what we need is a working work around or a way to down grade back to a 3.00 ? I've asked GoPro support and of course they are not going to undue what they have done for whatever reason and have contacted 3dr support which sent me a way to do it but I can't get it to work for me as I think they may have left a step out.
If you go to our forum at 3D Robotics Drone Forum you may in fact help a lot of us and get some new customers but first please help me.
Just want to get back to version 3.00 on my GoPro 4 black so I can have FPV.
This is what they sent me..
Owen (3DR)
Feb 2, 4:43 PM PST

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Technical Support.

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you but we are having an unusually high volume of workflow which makes it impossible to answer within the promised time frame.

The new GoPro firmware update (v5.0) is compatible with your SOLO app video feed and settings will work just fine, however, it will no longer turn on along with your SOLO unit. This is permanent and probably that functionality will not be re-enabled for the new GoPro Fw, although this is not a final decision. Besides that, there's a video codec change that alters the video feed when recording on 2.7K and 4K. It will simply zoom the image that is displayed in the app (the live feed), but the video recorded on the GoPro itself is not affected by this.
In case you want to revert firmware to v3.0 to regain old functionality, the steps to downgrade the GoPro Firmware below:
1. Download the UPDATE.zip file for your camera. GoPro Firmware
2. Extract the files with the option Extract to UPDATE
3. Insert the SD card from the GoPro into the computer
4. Copy the UPDATE folder to the microSD card
5. Insert the SD card back into the Gopro
6. Turn on the GoPro. This will perform the downgrade (the camera will restart itself about 4 times during the downgrade, this is normal).

Any other questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

Owen Torres
3DR Technical Support

When you 'extract' the files on your computer, you should have a folder (pay attention to 'where' you told it to extract to) on you computer. In this folder should be 3 files. Put a micro SD card in your computer that you will use for the GoPro. Bring up Windows File Explorer by holding down the Windows key (bottom left of the keyboard, looks like 4 squares) and press E. Now navigate to where you extracted the Update folder. Right Click on that folder and select 'Copy'. Now navigate to the drive of your SD card. Should probably be drive E or F depending on your computer. Click on that drive letter. On the right side of the screen should be the files/folders that are currently on that SD card. Right click on that right side ( not on an existing folder, just a blank spot below the existing files will be good) and then select 'Paste'. This will place the 'Update' folder on the root of that SD card.

Remove the SD card and place in your GoPro. Power it on and leave it alone for about 8-10 minutes. It should power on and off a few times and then stay powered on. You should then be on v3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000