Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

1. drewjet

Everyone seems to have their own version of modifying A Solo. This is my version. I went with The
    Tiger Motor MN3110-26 470kv and 15 inch props, so that I could stay with a 4 cell battery. I still have work to do on it, but I have at least test flown it and with the stock solo battery I am drawing around 14.5 to 15 amps at hover. I have not timed my flight time yet, but I am expecting to be around the 20-minute mark. I am currently at about 5 pounds with Gimbal and Camera. I would like to lower it a little bit, but don't think I can remove much without major redoing. So far I am happy with the results.

Attached Files:

#1 drewjet, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. drewjet

A few more in work pics

Attached Files:

3. human

Love it. Looks like a Frankenstein drone. :)

4. Dmitry

20 minutes? It is fantastic

5. Ivan Riobla

6. drewjet

Still working on details, but I got an 18.5 minute flight with the stock battery and 23 minute flight with a 4S 2600 mah battery in parallel.

7. dtcsolo

Since the solo is so cheap these days, i am thinking about using one to put on the main body a quad with a bout 600 - 700 mm frame. Drewjet, I see in your first post here that you used different esc and motors. is that just a matter of replacing with bigger ones or is there something in the solo that reads a signal from the motor pods?

8. drewjet

Just replaced motor and ESC.

After looking at the pods that I cutoff the frame, I think I could have made pod extenders and done it a lot easier and faster, and probably lighter. I saved the cutoff pieces and may try fabbing them anyways.

9. dtcsolo

i like the way the solo operates and the features it has. I am just hoping it wont be too difficult to adapt to another frame. of course i won't know until i try.