My solo is gone!

Yesterday I counted over a hundred of them all huddled together. It was extremely windy and I guess they were trying to keep warm.

Another lie. The perpetrator has been identified.

oX4MZw8.jpg
WTH! You take that?

Last edited:
Just thought I would give everyone that commented on my post an update. Today I received my Solo replacement.
Now I have a real conundrum! Do I fly over water again? Its hard not to here since I am surrounded by it.

I don't think compass/level calibration had anything to do with it. That doesn't cause it to work fine, then just fall out of the sky. This a motor pod failure, almost certain.
Hi. I'm searching this forum for info relating to 'compass calibration" ( which my controller insists I perform, to no avail) and I happened upon this thread. With respect to the drone falling out of the sky, and your assertion that it is most likely the motor, I wanted to make you aware of another possibility. Mine also fell from the sky on its 4th or 5th flight. Contacted tech support and this is what Santiago sent back to me... "Looking over the flight log in question, it looks like a brownout where the flight controller lost power due to a spike in the voltage rail and the solo shutting down.
You were about 100 meters in the air which would explain the extent of the damage." I do not understand ANY of that and it's actually beside the point. I am out the solo, the 3-axis gimbal, and a hero 4 black, as well as a battery and a 64g memory card. 3DR said basically, " Sux to be you, dude... we don't cover anything sold on Ebay". Cool...I'm out close to 800 bucks. Not writing this to gain sympathy or condescension...only to offer another possibility. Have a good one.

There are lots of other things besides a motor pod failure that could cause it to plummet back to earth. I didn't say a motor pod failure was the only thing. In this case, the circumstances make it most likely to be a motor pod.

There are lots of other things besides a motor pod failure that could cause it to plummet back to earth. I didn't say a motor pod failure was the only thing. In this case, the circumstances make it most likely to be a motor pod.
Hi. I didn't mean any disrespect. When I read, " This a motor pod failure, almost certain.", I thought to myself.....'This guy is just like me. In that when we feel 'certain' about something then we focus on that.' That's all. I just wanted to throw it out there and let ya know that even though symptoms may point to what has been a probable diagnosis in the past, there are those mondo-weird situations where the actual culprit is something completely different. I hope this makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say in my head....just not sure it's being conveyed correctly.
On a side note, do you think that in my situation I described previously, that the controller was at fault? In other words, do you think that if I got another solo drone only...that I could be able to use the old controller or do you think that the controller would do the same thing it did with the other bird and have a brownout? I'm curious. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea