My solo is gone!

Oh p2p yes too fast! My mission was flying at 15ft. I was filming the swans so I was low. So it happened in a split second.
Could be you were flying 15' over swans, wtf, one of
them if not all of them were most likely trying to get away and maybe one of them hit your drone.

Could be you were flying 15' over swans, wtf, one of
them if not all of them were most likely trying to get away and maybe one of them hit your drone.
It stands to reason that if a giant swan flew up and hit the drone, he wouldn't be here asking what may have caused it to go down. It is most likely not what you claim it most likely is. The most likely case has already been determined based on the facts available. Which is certainly not a bird strike.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
It stands to reason that if a giant swan flew up and hit the drone, he wouldn't be here asking what may have caused it to go down. It is most likely not what you claim it most likely is. The most likely case has already been determined based on the facts available. Which is certainly not a bird strike.
Well as far as I know from the thread if it was a bird strike the OP wouldn't of said that any way, money back and all. had to be a motor in your weird determination by you witch isn't nothing. Play on.

I guess birds don't fly when a loud object is flying 15' over there heads. lol

In the few hours you've been a member here, you are not qualified to make that determination. You've been here less than a day, and now you're going around accusing members of lying in their post. No evidence or reason. Just to satisfy contradicting something.

Also, I've had experience with a bird strike myself. And I live on lake, filled with geese and swans, where I fly all the time. I'm quite well aware of how they respond. Next.

Giant swan, wow, is there such a thing? I think they are all about the same size giant size like a goose? Not like a dragon you might be referring to. They don't exist,, any more.

Jan 19 . is a little more than a day dehay, why not just quit your lying.

Who am I? I'm the person that's been here for more than a few hours and has some experience to back up my statements. I'm also the person that doesn't join a forum, and in spend the whole first day trolling for conflicts. I'm the person that provides helpful answers, rather than accusing people of lying to make myself sounds smarter than everyone. Oh, and I'm also the person who, despite being here for more than a few hours does not make claims of superiority or being smarter than others.

Reactions: Spectre95
I will however concede that it is February, so it's been one month, not one day. The Vicodin due to my wisdom tooth removal yesterday is likely responsible for that error, which as you can see, I own up to when I make. However, your whopping 15 posts, many of which are of the same nature I explained above, don't change the story.

You know what. All but one of your posts were made within the last one day. And all but two are of this bullshit nature, trolling for conflict. So it turns out I wasn't that far off technically. Even with my meds. lol

You joined on January 19th. Which is blatantly stated directly under your username, and not something you can change. Today is February 19th. I made that mistake. Which I admitted to. The mistake was easy to make, since despite joining a month ago, all but one of your posts was in the last one day. And all but two are inflammatory trolling.

But anyway, this is not the thread for this debate. If you have a problem with me, feel free to message me and discuss your problem. I'm not wasting space in this thread on the matter. Have a lovely evening.

You joined on January 19th. Which is blatantly stated directly under your username, and not something you can change. Today is February 19th. I made that mistake. Which I admitted to. The mistake was easy to make, since despite joining a month ago, all but one of your posts was in the last one day. And all but two are inflammatory trolling.

But anyway, this is not the thread for this debate. If you have a problem with me, feel free to message me and discuss your problem. I'm not wasting space in this thread on the matter. Have a lovely evening.
Have a good night also.

Not losing the GPS. The GPS has nothing to do with vertical control or altitude. And, according to you, it didn't say it lost the GPS either. So I don't think it has anything to do with that. It sounds like a motor failure. If you opened a ticket to 3DR already, good. Talk to them on the chat Monday to speed the process up. TBH, I wouldn't offer up that you were using Tower. Don't lie, just don't mention it unless they ask. Presuming the logs show it was a failure of the solo, then they'll be shipping you a new one. You're SOL on the GoPro though.

FYI 3DR won't cover a hardware malfunction, only a software one. So a failed motor pod won't result in a new solo unfortunately

FYI 3DR won't cover a hardware malfunction, only a software one. So a failed motor pod won't result in a new solo unfortunately
There are plenty of owners on here that got a replacement for a failed motor/esc. Why would you think any HW manufacturer warranty wouldn't cover HW. That would be pretty unusual..

There are plenty of owners on here that got a replacement for a failed motor/esc. Why would you think any HW manufacturer warranty wouldn't cover HW. That would be pretty unusual..

I've spoken to a number of solo owners on other forums where their motor pods failed, drone wasn't covered and that was the response they got from 3DR. It might have something to do with a time limit on the hardware warranty? Maybe a year? I'm not sure. But the story I was told was that motor pods were consumables and needed to be replaced from time to time. 3DR replaced my solo in a crash but that was a software malfunction so I had no reason to believe what I was told about hardware was false.

Simply untrue. The warranty covers hardware and software failures for one year. You were misinformed.

Not losing the GPS. The GPS has nothing to do with vertical control or altitude. And, according to you, it didn't say it lost the GPS either. So I don't think it has anything to do with that. It sounds like a motor failure. If you opened a ticket to 3DR already, good. Talk to them on the chat Monday to speed the process up. TBH, I wouldn't offer up that you were using Tower. Don't lie, just don't mention it unless they ask. Presuming the logs show it was a failure of the solo, then they'll be shipping you a new one. You're SOL on the GoPro though.

P2P...Are you sure that GPS has nothing to do with altitude of the drone? How else does the drone report altitude (AGL)? I was also thinking how else would the drone know the vertical distance from the ground at the Home position so a RTH would safely land. Perhaps I'm wrong but would then love to better understand how the drone reports altitude. Thanks in advance.

P2P...Are you sure that GPS has nothing to do with altitude of the drone? How else does the drone report altitude (AGL)? I was also thinking how else would the drone know the vertical distance from the ground at the Home position so a RTH would safely land. Perhaps I'm wrong but would then love to better understand how the drone reports altitude. Thanks in advance.

Very sure. Altitude is measured with a barometer. Barometric pressure is remarkably more accurate than GPS altitude. It's how any aircraft measures altitude.

Consumer (Non RTK or Military) accuracy runs from 50-75' at best to well over 100'. Not something you would want to rely on, and so like P2P said, a barometer is much more accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea