My pre order update for those still waiting

Reaction score
I ordered from 3DR on May 15th. I knew I wasn't in the first few shipping batches and was just being patient. On June 14th I received an email from 3DR saying that my Solo was being well cared for and that it would ship between the 15th and the 25th of June. June 25th came and went without any shipping email or any further information. On the 26th I called 3DR and told them I was disappointed that the 10 day window passed without any further information. They told me some story about my credit card not being processed properly and that they needed my card information again and that my Solo would be shipped overnight and that I would have it today or tomorrow. I still didn't receive a shipping confirmation so I called again today. Now they said that there was some confusion with shipping and that it will now ship tomorrow overnight and will be here on Wednesday maybe Thursday. I am glad that they are willing to respond so quickly and that I can get someone on the phone, but it seems like nobody knows what is going on over there. It is frustrating for me to be sitting here calling and calling while people are posting about picking them up at Best Buy.

Anyway, my point is that if you ordered through 3DR, there is a possibility that your card didn't go through properly or some other issue and you need to call and push. I would also demand that your Solo shipping be upgraded to overnight. Just my experience.

For what it's worth a lot of people had card issues :)

Ordered from Dronefly on May 1st. Still no Solo. Called, and they say no issues, just not "yet"..

I too had ordered a solo & gimbal directly from 3DR and have received the Solo. A few strange issues occurred during the whole event though. I had placed my order on April 30 and received the same notification that Utah did. I did not receive a shipping tracking number nor notification until 3 days after the Solo was delivered on June 25th. It had been drop shipped from the Chinese factory and actually made good time getting over to the U.S. where it managed to slow down a bit at the UPS Ontario facility for some unknown reason. The other interesting tidbit is that no second battery was delivered with the Solo and to date, 3DR has not charged my credit card! I sent 3DR customer service an email letting them know that I have had the Solo for about a week now and am expecting them to bill my account. It also seemed prudent to inform them that the second battery (the free "courtesy" battery) was not included in the shipment. They must really be busy as I have not heard from them on either issue. In the past, they have always responded to issues within hours. So, you may just see a Solo appear at any time on your doorstep. Keep an eye open for the big brown truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea