My Neighbor Used to Work at 3DR........

Noted. thank you guys for the interest. I will surely tell my friend and talk him into selling all his working 3dr parts to us. Knowing that there's so many people wanting to buy his parts I am pretty sure he'll give me a better deal.

thomannjf
when you find out what wants to do I would be a buyer

and i didn't know it. now that tells you that sometimes it is good to be a nosey neighbor. anyway here goes - i got my garage door opened and he noticed my SOLO box. i asked him why and he showed me his SOLO shirt and told me that he works for 3DR in Berkeley, CA. i checked his garage full of all 3DR stuff. motor pods, proto 3dr bodies, batteries, chargers, fvp monitors, IRIS, X8 name ir and he has them. and he designs them also and he was testing them. he even mentioned that 3dr were selling the batteries for like $4. i was able to buy a battery in box, battery charger, gopro battery and set of props for $20. he even told me not to worry as if i do messed up my solo he got all the parts. as in there are drawers and drawers of 3DR Solo parts. they're everywhere, on the floor and solo bodies hanging on the ceiling. i was there for more than 1 hour just checking out all the solo stuff. he showed me a drone that weighs about 90lbs and could carry a baby. man this neighbor of mine has the best toys around. he got RC planes big enough to carry a kid (literally), he said if i have been there months earlier i could get more stuff. he already sold all his batteries - but was lucky as he got 1 left. i am trying to make a deal with him on the motor pods, solo bodies, gopro stuff, solo controller and others. he even gave me a special 3DR lanyard that he said they never sold anywhere. anyway i will see him some other time and see what else i can get....... oh BTW i was asking him if he has a GPS B version. he got an A but he said it's an upgraded A. i didn't bother to ask what's an upgraded A as i wanted the B. he said he will check all his stuff later. in all honesty he got more than 100 drones in his garage (all kinds).

IMG_2045.PNG this is the X8 that he's selling to me. i googled and just found out that it is the X8M, horray. the same exact case is included as what he told me. that is why it has the Canon gimbal on one of the case slot. i need to check if he has the canon camera, he's giving me couple more batteries for the X8 and some extra parts too.

i have not seen him since last week as he's so busy preparing for the RC show here in our area. but he did tell me that everything in the garage will go to eBay. hope i can catch him before he do that. but i did tell him that i do need parts/batteries/motors for the solo. he said he just need to check them all as he got so many drone parts.as in garage full. drones are hanging everywhere. last i checked is he got 2 or 3 solo bodies.3 X8s. 1 closet full of solo parts, 4 big plastic bins with different sizes of motors, and some boxes that he said he doesn't even know what's in there. that's why i was able to get just 1 3dr solo battery and 1 battery charger. but he did gave me a set of solo props.

Last edited:
NP. I still have to check out all his stuff. He got all these plastic bins all around with different solo, iris, x8 parts. He even have a complete x8 unassembled in a big plastic bin. This guy got all the fancy drones and parts you could imagine. I envy this guy. but i a more interested in his new x8 in a GPC hard case. He can give me a really good deal on this one if I pull the trigger. Oh he also does film and video for Samsung. I'll let you know all he got and all the stuff his willing to sell. He's really selling all the solo parts. He said if I can't
Get anyone to buy this- it will all go to eBay.
If he needs a home for the X8 please let me know :)

Ok is this too good to be true? Could our prayers be answered, a garage full of parts? Spill the beans and get someone in touch w/ the seller directly or give us his Ebay name so everyone can try to get a little something something from him! With someone many of the Solo owners wanting to clear the garage and closets out for him why not make a buck or two on the deal

Ok is this too good to be true? Could our prayers be answered, a garage full of parts? Spill the beans and get someone in touch w/ the seller directly or give us his Ebay name so everyone can try to get a little something something from him! With someone many of the Solo owners wanting to clear the garage and closets out for him why not make a buck or two on the deal
that's what my initial reaction too but when he showed me his garage, i could barely walk thru as there are boxes and plastic bins all over with 3DR parts, i was like a kid in a candy store. i was a little bit late as he already disposed some of the solo parts. yet i was able to buy from him - 1 battery, 1 battery charger, a set of props for $20. he used to have boxes of batteries that he got from 3DR for $4 each. he was giving me a gps ver A upgraded but gave it back to him as i don't know what an upgraded rev A is. i might check it out again. i will keep you all posted.

Reactions: Crazyfamily

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela