My Neighbor Used to Work at 3DR........

Reaction score
and i didn't know it. now that tells you that sometimes it is good to be a nosey neighbor. anyway here goes - i got my garage door opened and he noticed my SOLO box. i asked him why and he showed me his SOLO shirt and told me that he works for 3DR in Berkeley, CA. i checked his garage full of all 3DR stuff. motor pods, proto 3dr bodies, batteries, chargers, fvp monitors, IRIS, X8 name ir and he has them. and he designs them also and he was testing them. he even mentioned that 3dr were selling the batteries for like $4. i was able to buy a battery in box, battery charger, gopro battery and set of props for $20. he even told me not to worry as if i do messed up my solo he got all the parts. as in there are drawers and drawers of 3DR Solo parts. they're everywhere, on the floor and solo bodies hanging on the ceiling. i was there for more than 1 hour just checking out all the solo stuff. he showed me a drone that weighs about 90lbs and could carry a baby. man this neighbor of mine has the best toys around. he got RC planes big enough to carry a kid (literally), he said if i have been there months earlier i could get more stuff. he already sold all his batteries - but was lucky as he got 1 left. i am trying to make a deal with him on the motor pods, solo bodies, gopro stuff, solo controller and others. he even gave me a special 3DR lanyard that he said they never sold anywhere. anyway i will see him some other time and see what else i can get....... oh BTW i was asking him if he has a GPS B version. he got an A but he said it's an upgraded A. i didn't bother to ask what's an upgraded A as i wanted the B. he said he will check all his stuff later. in all honesty he got more than 100 drones in his garage (all kinds).

Reactions: prowler9
This is fantastic. I am lusting after motor pods. Would you be willing to sell a pair once you get your hands on them?

NP. I still have to check out all his stuff. He got all these plastic bins all around with different solo, iris, x8 parts. He even have a complete x8 unassembled in a big plastic bin. This guy got all the fancy drones and parts you could imagine. I envy this guy. but i a more interested in his new x8 in a GPC hard case. He can give me a really good deal on this one if I pull the trigger. Oh he also does film and video for Samsung. I'll let you know all he got and all the stuff his willing to sell. He's really selling all the solo parts. He said if I can't
Get anyone to buy this- it will all go to eBay.

Reactions: Bret
and i didn't know it. now that tells you that sometimes it is good to be a nosey neighbor. anyway here goes - i got my garage door opened and he noticed my SOLO box. i asked him why and he showed me his SOLO shirt and told me that he works for 3DR in Berkeley, CA. i checked his garage full of all 3DR stuff. motor pods, proto 3dr bodies, batteries, chargers, fvp monitors, IRIS, X8 name ir and he has them. and he designs them also and he was testing them. he even mentioned that 3dr were selling the batteries for like $4. i was able to buy a battery in box, battery charger, gopro battery and set of props for $20. he even told me not to worry as if i do messed up my solo he got all the parts. as in there are drawers and drawers of 3DR Solo parts. they're everywhere, on the floor and solo bodies hanging on the ceiling. i was there for more than 1 hour just checking out all the solo stuff. he showed me a drone that weighs about 90lbs and could carry a baby. man this neighbor of mine has the best toys around. he got RC planes big enough to carry a kid (literally), he said if i have been there months earlier i could get more stuff. he already sold all his batteries - but was lucky as he got 1 left. i am trying to make a deal with him on the motor pods, solo bodies, gopro stuff, solo controller and others. he even gave me a special 3DR lanyard that he said they never sold anywhere. anyway i will see him some other time and see what else i can get....... oh BTW i was asking him if he has a GPS B version. he got an A but he said it's an upgraded A. i didn't bother to ask what's an upgraded A as i wanted the B. he said he will check all his stuff later. in all honesty he got more than 100 drones in his garage (all kinds).

Very cool story!

Reactions: flyhome
i dont know if envy is the right word considering 3DR probably let him go not long after he build them their baby

NP. I still have to check out all his stuff. He got all these plastic bins all around with different solo, iris, x8 parts. He even have a complete x8 unassembled in a big plastic bin. This guy got all the fancy drones and parts you could imagine. I envy this guy. but i a more interested in his new x8 in a GPC hard case. He can give me a really good deal on this one if I pull the trigger. Oh he also does film and video for Samsung. I'll let you know all he got and all the stuff his willing to sell. He's really selling all the solo parts. He said if I can't
Get anyone to buy this- it will all go to eBay.

That is really cool! I, for one, would be VERY interested in buying some items. Please keep me informed. Thanks!

I would be interested in buying all of his stock if you can put us in contact.

I might need a gimbal or two for ArduCopter master testing. I've crushed a few so far.

So, how do we do this? Someone should clear out his garage of 3DR stuff and offer him a price to take it out of his life. Something I used to do back in my merchandise liquidation days. the way to do is is to familiarize yourself with the general most discounted prices per item and sort of estimate things as you go along looking at everything. Then make him an offer based on about $.10 on the dollar. He'll be stoked to have it gone and some cash in his hand and you can double your money and make a lot of users very happy.

Reactions: Barramundi
haven't seen him since then as he's so busy preparing for the Flite Fest event in Vallejo this month. hopefully i can catch him this weekend. i myself is so excited to see all of the things he's getting rid of. he told me he just need to make an inventory and as soon as he got all the list he'll let me know. he got a gimbal that is for sure as i did see it. he also has a proto gimbal made of aluminum (?) for 3DR. i will keep in mind the $0.10 to a dollar price. will keep you all posted. i'm not good at selling so i just would like to help him clear out his garage. granting we can all use his excess inventory. as long as he will give me a good price on the X8 i will be happy to get the stuff you all might need. happy to make things work for all of us.

Last edited:
I can purchase all with no problem, if you are able to get a list from him for more than the $.10 on the dollar. He will receive a fair offer. Thank you.

I too would be happy to be a part of this. An amazing find for sure and fantastic for the group.

Keep me on your short list please! Motor pods would be a must have item. Way to have sharp Solo eyes!

What a feeding frenzy! :) Still...Throwing my hat in the ring as an interested party :)

Cool. Interested in batteries / chargers for the solo.... if the opportunity and availability presents.
THANKS!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela