My gimbal will be here soon

June 1st, along with the Solo.
I hope it is your gimbal too. But did you ever get your free battery? I ordered on May 6th and haven't got either yet. Hope to see them both this week..

I wonder when the update for firmware and for the app will be available ..? You would think they would do that first before they would ship any Gombal to anyone ?

I wonder when the update for firmware and for the app will be available ..? You would think they would do that first before they would ship any Gombal to anyone ?

Oh boy, that's a good point. So for those that get the gimbal it just may be a paper weight until the new FW comes out to support it.

Oh boy, that's a good point. So for those that get the gimbal it just may be a paper weight until the new FW comes out to support it.

From their news release.

"This means units will be leaving the factory this week. A software update will be timed to go out soon with a variety of updates, and more software updates will follow quickly on the heels of gimbals getting into customers’ hands. In all likelihood these first customers will have gimbals in hand the week of 8/24"

From their news release.

"This means units will be leaving the factory this week. A software update will be timed to go out soon with a variety of updates, and more software updates will follow quickly on the heels of gimbals getting into customers’ hands. In all likelihood these first customers will have gimbals in hand the week of 8/24"

True but wasn't there a issue with some people getting their Solo's but could not use them because the Apps were not available?

Now the difference would be is 3DR has control when a FW version is pushed out.

Unless they know they will have a Well they must have the timing all planned outlook one forward to the new update .. Did some reading on it.. Im sure the update should be coming out this week..it wouldint make any sence if the gimbal was in the hands of the customer first !

The smart gimbal will work on its own without the next firmware solo update which address many issues in addition to the gimbal. However, the control of the GoPro and smart shot control requires an app update. No gimbals should be shipping yet as kitting has just started. Even when they do there are some 900+ orders ahead of one placed on June 1 so either 3DR is planning on :mad:ing those customers by shipping out of sequence or Earldgrayjr and few others here others simply forgot they ordered something else from 3DR or forgot they have previously submitted a support ticket and are receiving a replacement part(s) Those who ordered directly from 3DR in April should start receiving gimbals next week along with the firmware and required app updates Remember it is already early Friday morning in China and the plant does not work on Saturday.

Reactions: rrmccabe
The smart gimbal will work on its own without the next firmware solo update which address many issues in addition to the gimbal. However, the control of the GoPro and smart shot control requires an app update. No gimbals should be shipping yet as kitting has just started. Even when they do there are some 900+ orders ahead of one placed on June 1 so either 3DR is planning on :mad:ing those customers by shipping out of sequence or Earldgrayjr and few others here others simply forgot they ordered something else from 3DR or forgot they have previously submitted a support ticket and are receiving a replacement part(s) Those who ordered directly from 3DR in April should start receiving gimbals next week in with the needed app updates Remember it is already early Friday morning in China and the plant does not work on Saturday.
That's why they choose also mexico for the future production of solo parts and gimbals :)

Thanks R2F.

I am betting I am getting replacement props from last month or the battery I was supposed to get.

@FlexFanatic They actually did a decent job getting the app out for both Android and Apple. Sometimes there can be delays with that because of Apple or Google Play. DJI has had more issues overall.

I hope it is your gimbal too. But did you ever get your free battery? I ordered on May 6th and haven't got either yet. Hope to see them both this week..
Ahhh good point. I was thinking that I didn't order anything from China, but you are right. It could be the battery. Maybe both though :)

I purchased from Dronefly and they said they would wait to ship the battery with the gimbal.

Seems like Troy with Atx addicts has sold his soul to recieve his early lol, kidding but he has got his hands on the solo and backpack well before anyone I've seen. So I'd say until he posts his video unboxing I'd say most others will be waiting,he must have been literally one of the first few orders taken. So until I see his video I personally doubt that these notifications are the gimbal. Could be wrong and I canceled my pre order to get early at best buy which is biting me in the azz now so I'll have to wait on best buy this time I guess.

Well, I can report that 3DR just hit my CC today for the exact amount of $399.95. I had placed my pre-order on May 30. No shipping info yet.........but I am waiting!

Reactions: 1264_Solo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela