Multiple Solos, do I have to register each one with the FAA?

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I poked around on the FAA site and never found a clear answer one way or another. I registered my first Solo the day I bought it. Does the registration cover ME regardless of which machine I'm flying or do I have to register each and every machine I plan to fly? I sent an e-mail to the FAA for clarity but I don't expect a response anytime very soon.

Perfect, thanks. I figured that but on the FAA site they say things like "...you must register your UAS..." which could be interpreted to mean each machine. What they should say is "...each PILOT must register...".

It is the Federal Government. You don't really expect them to be crystal clear, do you? :rolleyes:
Actually the FAA is surprisingly clear if you understand plain English!

Don't try to read into what they said, read what they said and they have published numerous clarifications for people that apparently were not taught proper English in their Government schools by their union tenured low quality teachers.

hobbyist register owner applies to all his drones
commercial remote pilots have to register each UAV

Actually the FAA is surprisingly clear if you understand plain English!

Don't try to read into what they said, read what they said and they have published numerous clarifications for people that apparently were not taught proper English in their Government schools by their union tenured low quality teachers.

I read English just fine, thank you. Public schools and public university by the way.

A direct quote from the FAA site: "...you must register your UAS..."

That is misleading given the intent is that the pilot must register, not each individual machine. In the confirmation e-mail I received from the FAA they did confirm that it is the PILOT that must register (noncommercial) not that each machine must be registered. They could have simply said, "...YOU must register..".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela