Mounting a DBS antenna on the bottom of solo???

Reaction score
Kinda crazy thought I had. Very curious to see what the results would be by mounting a DBS long-range antenna on the bottom of solo.any thoughts?

Kinda crazy thought I had. Very curious to see what the results would be by mounting a DBS long-range antenna on the bottom of solo.any thoughts?
DBS is too directional to work on a multi-rotor. However, a good CP mounted to the belly should improve signal by a good bit.
2-4-airscrew.jpg

Another approach is to swap the WiFi card(s) with higher wattage units. They are pretty inexpensive. They are standard mini PCI cards, don't require any software changed, and people have already done it, with doubled distance results. There is a video tutorial re doing it on the Solo side somewhere here.

I thought about it, but in the end I had to ask myself Why? The FPVLR gets me the range/security I need, and so am holding off.

Reactions: rrmccabe
You were just thinking outside the box.

Unless you are trying to set distance runs you want omni directional. Because as soon as you turn you lose it !

The distance guys don't care. Run it as far as they can go and then let it RTH until back in range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks