Military drones

All the commercial hobby drones are made in China. Autel is an American company, but I suspect their drones are built in China as well, given their sale price. Don't know if the Defense Department would be keen on that.

USMC already has one (or more?) assigned to active units in certain parts of the world (?) with trained operators (?) for surveillance purposes. I'm not permitted to cite my source of this information. :rolleyes:

Actually, that specific OP link is broken for me - probably because it wasn't posted with the "link" tool.

Regardless, this belongs in the "News" forum I would guess.

Maxhead,

I believe Autel is a Chinese company....they just have global headquarters in WA for support & service 24/7......I could be wrong thou.....

This article isn't about air vehicles.

Misnomer...Drones

Actually, that specific OP link is broken for me - probably because it wasn't posted with the "link" tool.

Regardless, this belongs in the "News" forum I would guess.

It was broken for me, too. It looks like the OP made a copy and paste error. I thought I would repost it.

Reactions: FlyXlsa
USMC already has one (or more?) assigned to active units in certain parts of the world (?) with trained operators (?) for surveillance purposes. I'm not permitted to cite my source of this information. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there are a lot of variants in use throughout DoD. Pretty much all of them are tailor made by US contractors. As for hobby-grade, off the shelf models, they're nearly all made in China.

Maxhead,

I believe Autel is a Chinese company....they just have global headquarters in WA for support & service 24/7......I could be wrong thou.....
I agree, though it's a moot point. Whether they're incorporated in the US or China, the drones are Chinese made.,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc