MikroTik R11e-2HnD WIFI Upgrade Fails

Reaction score
Website
www.westernrockart.org
I just installed, after a lot of work, these cards in both my controller and solo. Although I am able to see the solo wifi, and even connect to it on my phone, the solo app says no solo detected. i started to do a factory reset, but only got a bit downstream.

I understand that there could be a number of hardware issues, although I was pretty careful to make sure that I had good connections at the antennas.

Not sure how to proceed.

Bummed out ...

I just installed, after a lot of work, these cards in both my controller and solo. Although I am able to see the solo wifi, and even connect to it on my phone, the solo app says no solo detected. i started to do a factory reset, but only got a bit downstream.

I understand that there could be a number of hardware issues, although I was pretty careful to make sure that I had good connections at the antennas.

Not sure how to proceed.

Bummed out ...

Make sure both the solo and controller have an orange blinking LED, power up and peer into the controller you will see three LED's red and green solid and the orange should be blinking. Also power up the solo the orange LED underneath should be blinking and the front LED's should be whitish/blue and rears should be red, if not the solo or the controller did not boot properly. This could be a loose SD card issue...re-seat the SD cards if needed.

Unless an SD card was jarred/knocked loose while taking the solo or the controller apart, this does happen. That's the reason I asked him to observe the Orange LED's. it will rule things out.

Or simply pair the controller and solo by pushing in the pair button underneath the solo till the controller see's the solo..just that easy..

TNX for the comments. First, the controller seems to be stuck at "Prefite update" I am getting "blue lights in front and red in back" on the solo. pressing the pair button seems to have no effect on anything. There was an "orange light" the first time I tried it (last night at 3AM) but has not come up again. Peering into the controller, I see a red light and a blue light, no orange anywhere.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

BTW, looking at the SD cards during assembly, they seemed to be pretty well "glued" into place. One thing that bugs me, that was not mentioned in the video insructions, is that the RF connectors on both controller and solo were also glued into place. Removing them, I took great pains to make sure the interior connector areas were free of glue, and I did hot melt glue them into place after re-connection, But, what if I did not get all of it, and the RF connection is flakey - wouldn'g that cause problems or at least reduce the effectiveness of the whole upgrade?

So, I reset the controller, it went through the update, and :

--controller screen says "prefliight update required" and waiting.
I see a red light and blue light inside.
-- Solo is on with blue lights in front and red in back.
-- I have a wifi connection to solo on phone/tablet
-- solo app says "not connected"

and I cannot get any further.

???

OK, here we go, trying again ... (a little nerve wracking since I have some archeological drone photography near Palm Springs, CA on tap for next week) ... thank you, BTW, very much appreciated.

[ quick trip to harbor freight to load up on tools, in case I need to pull it apart again. would be nice to be able to get to the underside of the main board without needing to pull the motors out }

attempting to reset the solo (video available) :

-- powers on (holding down reset)
-- all lights come on as green
-- solo plays a little tune (toot toot, toot toot, dooldily do )
-- gimbal moves into position .
-- blue lights in come on in front, red in back
-- green light blinks on the back of the gimbal
-- wait another 30 sec. (holding down reset all the time)

thats it Orange light never comes on ...

then update controller again get to UPDATE COMPLETE reconnect ...

I see solo wifi on my phone, and connect phone ok .

start app, says looking for solo not detected.

I press A on the controller and that is as far as I get ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc