MIKRO TIK wifi cards HELP !!!

The 1000mw card will not fit due to the heat sink. However, if you do like he suggested with a PCI-E extender ribbon cable, you can put the card somewhere else as long as the antenna cable reach. I'm not sure an extra 200mw is worth that kind of effort. But I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

The 1000mw card will not fit due to the heat sink. However, if you do like he suggested with a PCI-E extender ribbon cable, you can put the card somewhere else as long as the antenna cable reach. I'm not sure an extra 200mw is worth that kind of effort. But I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.
Yeh I read, I was curious about how he went mounting in the bird lol

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

the 1000mw is irrelevant as the solo power output to wifi is fixed in software, so it will never use the extra 200mw anyway!

I just installed the Microtik cards in my solo. With my peak reading watt meter I am getting 160mw out.
The stock cards were putting out 36mw.
Does that sound right?

You only changed the one in the controller, not the one onboard the solo?
sorry to jump a old post
hi just wanted to ask can i use just one Mikrotik R11e-2HnD in the controller and what improvement in feet. i have a stock open solo with alfa and get around 3687 feet at 200 feet high. will it burn up the controller ? what about battery life and range. plus what did you do in the new open solo update my motors run a lot better ... thank you #KEEP SOLO ALIVE

Last edited:
You're going to get mixed answers...some say only the controller...some say both controller and Solo are ok.

Ive had one in the Solo and controller for a couple months now and haven't had issues...others say they've had them longer and no issues. I've gone 3 miles with the MikroTiks and Alfas. I dont recommend taking your bird out that far though. I almost lost mine when it ran out of battery returning home and emergency landed somewhere in a field. Found it 3 days later using Solex's "find my vehicle" feature that another user told me about. As far as battery life, it didn't affect mine any.

Last edited:
brianuc4 thank you 15,840 with two so with one say about 8,000 maybe and do you have the big battery or the small one in the controller. Want to Beat a DJI phanton 3 with the three white antennas in range all ready beat it in speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela