Microshakes - flew with/without HDMI cable attached - no difference

Reaction score
I suppose what this tells me is that the microshakes are coming from the data cable.

Not to say that the ribbon HDMI cable wouldn't make SOME difference, but I didn't see any change in the microshakes after making two flights, back-to-back, same conditions...just hovering and pointing out at the landscape.

I wish I could take a flight without the power/data cable attached...but then the gimbal would just flop around...and any method of securing the camera/gimbal into a fixed position, would also create a physical connection to the airframe.

Has anyone seen a replacement soft-wired/etc data cable?

Thanks...

--

Bill

I suppose what this tells me is that the microshakes are coming from the data cable.

Not to say that the ribbon HDMI cable wouldn't make SOME difference, but I didn't see any change in the microshakes after making two flights, back-to-back, same conditions...just hovering and pointing out at the landscape.

I wish I could take a flight without the power/data cable attached...but then the gimbal would just flop around...and any method of securing the camera/gimbal into a fixed position, would also create a physical connection to the airframe.

Has anyone seen a replacement soft-wired/etc data cable?

Thanks...

--

Bill

Try the 3DR solo securing thing that was on the gimbal when you got it. Don't know about yours but mine is a real tight fit.

Just saying.

Hmmm, I recently came to the same conclusion. I have a bearing(s) tick going on and it was obviously resonating through the data cable. Didn't perceive that the data cable had a prior influence, as my T-Motor install had been buttery smooth for over a year.

Will be testing a diy patch cable from @User Name likely this weekend. Made up with silicone wires, plug and play. I'll will be swapping bearings soon, but would like to test as is with this patch cable first.

Gimbal data cable - Admitted wrong theory

Try the 3DR solo securing thing that was on the gimbal when you got it. Don't know about yours but mine is a real tight fit.

Just saying.

Speatuk,

I'm not familiar with the "solo securing thing"...can you tell me what that is?

You know...I can't remember now...I bought my Solo from Amazon last July ($599...which then was a very good price)...I'm pretty sure the gimbal was pre-attached? Geez...can't believe I can't remember that.

OK...you know what... I had that "IMU calibration error" early on...had to send my Solo in for repair/replacement...they told me to take the gimbal off before shipping it to them...so then I had to reinstall the gimbalthe teh replacement airframe. Anyway, I don't know what the "solo securing thing" is.

Thanks...

--

Bill

The black thing that was attached to the gimbal when you got it, that is if you got it unused?
That way you can disconnect the gimbal power place the black support on the gimbal and it will be steady as a rock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000