Maintenance

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to flying the 3dr solo drone and I was wondering are there any procedures I can do to keep the drone functioning at 100% such as oiling something, wiping debris, etc?

Best Regards

Reactions: MiNDRiOTS
Welcome, ModestBrown. The first function you should do, if you haven't yet, is to download and study the owners manual. There is a lot of great info on there, and will answer many of your questions. Also use the search function on this forum to search for past posts regarding your questions. A lot of answers are on here as well. I think if you inspect your Solo before each flight and make sure things are working properly, there isn't a lot of required maintenance to do. Check the props for cracks or chips, make sure the motors all sound the same, and wipe it down occasionally. You can also oil the upper and lower motor bearings every so often. Maddog posted some pictures on here showing how to accomplish that. Most of the things are common sense. Again, welcome aboard, and fly safe.

Anthony is absolutely right. This is a habit I got into with my DIY hex after I didn't do enough studying on a set of motors I got and put too big propellers on them. Made those motors scorching hot. What I've noticed is after about an 8 minute or so flight, the motors are usually warm to the touch upon landing.

Reactions: ModestBrown
This might give you a starting point...

"How to Perform Maintenance on 3DR Solo and PreFlight Checks"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will tell you what. My motors howled right out of the box on both of my solos with stock props unbalanced. After a quick oiling session and a balance the motors are noticeably quieter.

Might be worthwhile to take a compressed air blower (can of compressed air) and blow out any dust from the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea