Magnetic interface.....

Reaction score
I painted my solo this weekend. I was only able to take out motors, legs. I taped everything else off really well. I would have taken it all apart but there is a screw that i swear is welded in there and I was not able get out. Since I put it back together i can't get rid of the magnetic interference warning.

I have gotten successful compass calibrations but warning still shows up. Can you please help me.

I used dayglo paint . I didn't use magnetic screwdriver. I couldn't take gps out due to the screw they somehow welded in, because it will not come out. So im sure that i didn't break anything. I fly it in a field with nothing around for right now. I've flown there before with no problems.

The compass and GPS are separate sensors. The compass is in one of the legs. Double check you didn't magnetize the screw. Remove it and make sure it isn't mildly attracted to the screw driver. Perform the Magnetic Compass Calibration outdoors away from metal objects, including steel reinforced foundations and away from cell phones and smart watches etc.

Did you paint the legs also? I know there are some magnetic paints, but I'm not sure if dayglo is one of them? I hope you went with orange. My understanding from analyzing @Ed Beck 's video posts is that the gimbal is far more stable once the solo is painted fluorescent orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Beck and SARDG
I have checked the paint, it is not magnetic. I took screw out of the compass antenna to try and recalibrate it, says successful but magnetic interference comes back. The legs are not painted, they are still original condition. It flew shortly before i took pods out and taped it up to paint. Dayglo green.

I submitted a ticket to 3dr. I can't take to best buy, i painted it. I have about 20hr on it prior. If i was able to make the interference go away in low light according to your theory, wouldn't it come back when light hits it?

Reactions: SARDG
Read another member that you can actually have the antenna backward and get mag int error. Try swapping it.

That's the problem. I never took the antenna out. Just tucked them all inside when i taped it off. I've since totally taken apart the solo. I had to drill that one screw out that was cross thread or something. I've stripped the old paint. I've tried it out side of the body i still get same thing. I do have the rev A GPS in there. I think it's the gps module. Im going to replace that along with the v2 shield. Now gonna paint it two tone. Thanks for all your help.

No, he pushed the compass into the solo body cavity and then tried to fly with it that way. I'm not sure what he did with the screw that he removed to accomplish this, but i'm sure @MTGreen32 will find it one of his motorpods.

No problem with antenna that I know of. But I looked at the board. I'm not sure how someone got antenna backwards or mixed up. My antenna never went inside. I taped those when i masked off the bottom so it would stay black. Only wires that got tucked inside was the motor pod wires.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela