Madhacker 3DR Solo Battery Charging Adaptor and Diagnostics Tool

What makes you think they can't handle it?
Not sure, just thought the thin copper of the circuit board was minimal at best and for lower current. You surely know by now I don't understand this stuff....why I'm always asking the stupid questions.... Thank you for understanding...

Guess I'll have to crack open the wallet and buy one for myself....

I didn't silly. These are on the other side where the plastic cover is. The device plugs into the battery. Then I can plug the other side into my LiPo charger and charge or discharge it.

Ah, of course, other side (slaps forehead). Continuing my dense streak I still don't see the need for the male XT60.

I wanted to be able to connect it for either charging or discharging. By having both, I don't need adapters.

Ah, of course, other side (slaps forehead). Continuing my dense streak I still don't see the need for the male XT60.

This is Frank the Border Collie

You guys do realize the PUP in the profile picture is the one doing all of this right. As a Border Collie I would never let my owner be in my profile pic and I am not sure why this pup did. Heck he cant even remember to turn the door knob before he hits his head I call him knot head. Humans are dense by nature we the canines are the brains behind all of these tricks we just use you as a front. We cant slap our heads but we know how to cover our eyes. Sorry to let the cat out of the bag fellas but since so many of these guys cant figure out the search feature I figure they wouldn't believe it anyway.

Humor Fully Intended.

Last edited:
HA! She's only half Border Collie. The other half is Springer Spaniel (I think). She got the smarts of a BC for sure though.

Received mine from Madhacker yesterday. Works great! I especially like that it shows the number of cycles the battery has had, and the mfg date.

How long did it take for some of you guys to get yours? I ordered mine on February 25th but haven't gotten it yet.

I ordered one last week and got an email response saying that there has been a rush on orders and he is out of displays. Says he will ship once his order is in. I've been looking for something like this for a while. I am flying commercially and like the idea of documenting this data as part of a pre-flight inspection. Does it have to be installed in-line on the charger or can you just attach it to the battery to retrieve the data?

It took mine around 3/4 weeks to get here from Norway. He uses the least expensive shipping, plain white envelope, but it still took about $5 in stamps. It just plugs into the Solo battery, then you turn the battery on, and it shows the info. I wish you could pause the screen, but I don't think that is an option.

Reactions: Coastwise
I got it quick because I ordered early too. I emailed him some suggestions for improvements and upgrades. He's planning to make a firmware upgrade that people who already own it can upload to it somehow. No ETA. But shows that it's a cool gadget that can grow!

Mine was in the batch that was delayed due to a lack of displays so I just got mine yesterday... Andre's communication was great and it works perfectly. One note is the display and text is very small for my 50 year old eyes (about the size of a postage stamp). I think the most useful item is the cycle count, however I am curious to know what exactly constitutes "a cycle"?

Mine was in the batch that was delayed due to a lack of displays so I just got mine yesterday... Andre's communication was great and it works perfectly. One note is the display and text is very small for my 50 year old eyes (about the size of a postage stamp). I think the most useful item is the cycle count, however I am curious to know what exactly constitutes "a cycle"?
Cycle should be amount of times charged. I also found it interesting when I checked all 12 of my batteries. Some I just bought recently and others go back to the summer of 2015. But they were ALL manufactured between October and December of 2015. Anyone find newer?

Some I just bought recently and others go back to the summer of 2015. But they were ALL manufactured between October and December of 2015
Pre-manufactered batteries? ...;)

Most of mine were August/Sept 2015 dated, original and recent purchases. I think the clearance pricing was based on shelf life concerns....3DR's warranty with the battery manufacture.

I have some from June and July. He uses the European YR-MM-DD, I had to check when I saw how 'old' mine were :)

Soldered male and female XT60 connectors onto mine so I can hook it up to my LiPo charger.

aUOwIyZ.jpg

Is there a place to solder a balance lead? My lipo chargers all like to have the balance port connected.

@bicyclemonkey - there is no need or option to connect balancing to 3DR batteries, the balancing is done internally inside the battery. Just set the charger to Li-Po 4S , 5.2A (max 6A) and no balancing.

Well mine was delivered today. Totally smashed, cracked screen and all. Maybe b/c there was no packing material in the plastic shipping bag. It was't even wrapped in bubble wrap...

Attachments

• IMG_8135.JPG
    IMG_8135.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8134.JPG
    IMG_8134.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8133.JPG
    IMG_8133.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

Members online

No members online now.