M8N GPS Mod and new update,,,Problem??

Reaction score
Anyone know exactly what the problem is with this???

"For those who have performed GPS hardware electrical mods on solo don't forget to return your solo to the original pre-mod condition before installing this update. Otherwise...:(

I updated mine. Still finds satellites without a problem. When the rain stops I'll go for a quick flight.

I have no problem getting sats', just that doing firmware updates that may be looking for a component made for 3DR and finds something else instead. Not quite sure what to think.

David, lets tag Philip @Proficnc and maybe he will chime in on his thoughts.

As I told you they might be playing it safe. Hate to see you brick the Solo.

I have the M8N and different WiFi cards. Other than having to re-pair Solo and controller due to the WiFi cards changing the SSID I have noticed nothing negative. I just went for a quick flight in my yard.

I have the 7N set aside if it needs to go back in.

Just did the update with the M8N inside and wifi cards. No issues. Didn't have to re-pair solo either. Took her out to the backyard, got 16 sats,1.4 hdop within 20 seconds. Took off and all seemed very stable. Will play more when the gimbal arrives :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Del
Philip can give you the specific issues using hardware mods for this update but as a general rule you should return solo to the default hardware configuration when doing a solo firmware update. Otherwise if you brick it 3DR is not responsible.

And I wouldn't expect them to be. Proceed at my own risk I believe is what you said,,:) In any case, it's capabilities continue to expand and I couldn't be more pleased,,well, yes I can,,,when the brown truck arrives. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc