Loving the Follow-Me Feature

Reaction score
Hi All,

After reading all of these issues of late, thought I'd share something positive about my Solo:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo -well done! Loved the music, that was a great movie. Imagine what the director could have done with a Solo.

So, give us the particulars- what altitude was Solo flying at in the 1st "convoy" shot, speed, etc?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Enjoyed the Music also, Post work was good. Tell us how did you use the "Follow me" iOS or Android?

Thanks! I used the iOS stock 3DR solo app. Altitude ranged from 100' - 200'. One thing that was interesting is it kept the relative altitude from my position, however, we were traveling down in altitude. Eventually the altitude indicated by the app became negative, so I had to visually gauge the altitude.

The speeds we travelled were probably round 35 mph. I have the logs and could probably give you specifics. I was pretty impressed at the speeds it kept up with. The winds were around 15-20mph and didn't really see any issues with the SOLO dealing with it.

I used all of the different follow me sub features. The free look is great to get interesting shots of the terrain and others as you drive.

Thanks! I used the iOS stock 3DR solo app. Altitude ranged from 100' - 200'. One thing that was interesting is it kept the relative altitude from my position, however, we were traveling down in altitude. Eventually the altitude indicated by the app became negative, so I had to visually gauge the altitude.

The speeds we travelled were probably round 35 mph. I have the logs and could probably give you specifics. I was pretty impressed at the speeds it kept up with. The winds were around 15-20mph and didn't really see any issues with the SOLO dealing with it.

I used all of the different follow me sub features. The free look is great to get interesting shots of the terrain and others as you drive.

I am also using using iphone 6 plus, but i like the ipad air, but doesn't have barometer for measuring height.
I plan to make beach videos. running, Jogging. There are many sand dunes that i think may need a barometer.
I can also testify that Solo works fine in winds up to 35 MPH. the beach front usually has a consistent wind which is fine, but gusting wind can mess up a shoot. No vibration, but video looks bumpy with wind gust.

Nice video you made, Funny why with all these members, that there isn't lots more being posted?

Thanks again for the reply

Reactions: jpstudio02

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela