Lost My Solo

Reaction score
Looking for some help. I'll type the scenario, then keep my questions as hopefully simple as I can.

My wife and I are expats living in a small community in Thailand. We wanted to map the community that we live in for other expats. So, as this is a "golf cart" community, I had put the solo in "follow Me" mode, and and was recording as it followed. The road, has many palm trees, as it was only set for 100 feet above, as we would go under some areas, I would lose site for a moment. At one point my solo became disconnected. Which would normally enter RTH. However, I had the drone set Return to Me. I could see the drone as soon as it became disconnected, and lost site for a short moment before we got stopped. So I'm not sure where it tried to land.

The area at the time, was a bit thick with trees, and houses, I've done some searching, but no luck.

I've reviewed the logs through Mission Planner, and last location was right where I saw it.

So my question is, when the Return to Home is set to "Return to Me", and a connection is lost, does the Solo try and find you, or should it land at its last known point? I'm wondering if it could be in the top of the trees? and its just too thick to see it?

Looking for some help. I'll type the scenario, then keep my questions as hopefully simple as I can.

My wife and I are expats living in a small community in Thailand. We wanted to map the community that we live in for other expats. So, as this is a "golf cart" community, I had put the solo in "follow Me" mode, and and was recording as it followed. The road, has many palm trees, as it was only set for 100 feet above, as we would go under some areas, I would lose site for a moment. At one point my solo became disconnected. Which would normally enter RTH. However, I had the drone set Return to Me. I could see the drone as soon as it became disconnected, and lost site for a short moment before we got stopped. So I'm not sure where it tried to land.

The area at the time, was a bit thick with trees, and houses, I've done some searching, but no luck.

I've reviewed the logs through Mission Planner, and last location was right where I saw it.

So my question is, when the Return to Home is set to "Return to Me", and a connection is lost, does the Solo try and find you, or should it land at its last known point? I'm wondering if it could be in the top of the trees? and its just too thick to see it?

Sorry to hear you lost your bird, it alwatys RTH ( returns to home ) where it took off from on GPS lock.
Hope you find it.

Looking for some help... ...At one point my solo became disconnected. Which would normally enter RTH. However, I had the drone set Return to Me.
Return to Me is broken on the Solo Android App. It's discussed on this forum in several places and here in Post #19:
Hand launching from sailboat

stranged, I havent had any issues with it.

Are you using an iOS device? It seems to work fine on iOS, but not Android. I tested it when it first came out, and sure enough, Return to Me started my Solo off in the opposite direction towards who knows where. I was expecting this so quickly put it in another mode, but if it was made it beyond controller range before you were able to realize it and switch modes... it'd be gone.

Yes, this has been mentioned as Sardg said, but even with 3DR's refocus away from consumer, I'm shocked and appalled that they released this version with this bug. It poses an absolute danger to people around a Solo being flown by someone not aware of the bug, and 3DR has done nothing to inform people of it. It's a really bad situation.

Last edited:
Return to me on Android solo app is more than broken, its downright dangerous
Use Solex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela