Looks like I will have a gimbal today !!

Well without a gimbal the Solo is hard to fly beyond visual so its hard to evaluate. The software on the DJI is way better and the Phantom handles better to me but that could be a familiarity thing.

The P3 is typical DJI easy to fly. Everything works, camera is decent, hard to beat.

The Solo will probably be parked for the next month until gimbal is out as its not much fun to fly with my Peau lens in a GoPro.

Everything works fine on the Solo. Just not much fun.

The P3 is a blast. Its just built by a company that sucks.
Why is it not fun to fly with the peau lens? My dad just go me a go pro without telling me so I was looking into a lens like that!

Because there is zoom to it. Every little shake becomes amplified.

You also lose the wide fisheye look which means its more focused. With the camera mounted straight forward when you are full speed the Solo is tilted and you are looking at the ground. I have to let off to find my bearings and get my direction.

Because there is zoom to it. Every little shake becomes amplified.

You also lose the wide fisheye look which means its more focused. With the camera mounted straight forward when you are full speed the Solo is tilted and you are looking at the ground. I have to let off to find my bearings and get my direction.
Do you think it will be better with the Gimbal? or do you think its better just to film everything with narrow fov on the go pro?

If the gimbal works it should be great. The Peau is much more realistic flying than the stock Go Pro.

If you use this lens the GoPro is about useless for other functions. You cant film holding it as its too shaky.

This gimbal wait is killing me, I want to see what the solo is really made of.

Do you still have 30 days to return it if the gimbal doesn't perform well enough to justify keeping the solo?

The Phantom 3 is so awesome to fly, I know DJI support sucks and all. Here is a video of the phantom 3 cruzing around our neighborhood.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Look closely in the cornfield is a deer and then a turkey.

This gimbal wait is killing me, I want to see what the solo is really made of.

Do you still have 30 days to return it if the gimbal doesn't perform well enough to justify keeping the solo?
The return starts after you receive the gimbal. So if the gimbal ships July 31st, you can return the Solo and gimbal as late as August 31st.

The Phantom 3 is so awesome to fly, I know DJI support sucks and all. Here is a video of the phantom 3 cruzing around our neighborhood.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Look closely in the cornfield is a deer and then a turkey.
Do you think that the phantom is more stable in flight than the solo?

For me its impossible to tell because of no gimbal. The P3 appears to be smoother but its probably just the lack of gimbal on Solo that make it look like its all over the place.

Quick question for those of you who have a Solo and have had an opportunity to use the Solo pilot app ...

After Solo is out and flying, if I want to fly my own RTH route (without using the RTH function built in to Solo) does the map in the app (the map, not the video feed) present the two pieces of info I need, namely 1) which direction the aircrafts nose is facing, and 2) where 'home' is?

Many Thanks!
Gary

Do you think that the phantom is more stable in flight than the solo?
I can't answer that question Ben because I do not have a Solo as of yet. I am waiting until the gimbal is available.I can tell you that my Phantom 3 is more reliable than my Phantom2 Vision Plus, although both are great flying birds.

anybody know if there are any Phantom 3's in stock anywhere? I'm antsy for a gimbal and looking to get one. I can't wait until August for a Gimbal for Solo… losing too much work. I might go from no drone to two in a couple weeks! I might need a two drone garage!

Any Phantom 3 Pro available?

anybody know if there are any Phantom 3's in stock anywhere? I'm antsy for a gimbal and looking to get one. I can't wait until August for a Gimbal for Solo… losing too much work. I might go from no drone to two in a couple weeks! I might need a two drone garage!

Any Phantom 3 Pro available?
acording to there web site DDM has them in stock.
1 866 368 1441
ask for steve.
http://www.davesmotors.com/DJI-Phantom-3-Professional.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc