Looks like I will have a gimbal today !!

Reaction score
Out for Delivery

DEL.jpg

Unfortunately its connected to a P3. But at least I can get some enjoyable flying in until the Solo gimbal arrives.

Is it your gimbal or P3 that is being delivered? Phantom 3 is awesome bird as well as the P2V+ I like them both. I can't wait to order the Solo W/gimbal. I am waiting until the gimbals are out before I order one.

Reactions: TaniaGail
P3. I was being a smarta$$.

I wish it was for solo.

P3. I was being a smarta$$.

I wish it was for solo.
LOL!! oh ok, rrmccabe you will love the P3, hope you ordered extra batteries cause your going to want them. The remote takes the longest to charge, batteries about a hour. You probably already know this, but don't charge your battery and remote at the same time " just putting that out there for you and others".

LOL!! oh ok, rrmccabe you will love the P3, hope you ordered extra batteries cause your going to want them. The remote takes the longest to charge, batteries about a hour. You probably already know this, but don't charge your battery and remote at the same time " just putting that out there for you and others".
I have lots of experience with vision plus but not the 3. Why not charge remote and batteries at same time? Batteries on order. But probably Tuesday before I get them.

Ah nevermind. Just showed up.

Uses the same charger!

It says in the manual NOT TO CHARGE BATTERY AND REMOTE AT THE SAME TIME. Never mind you have lots of experience.

As I said above, I have NO experience with the P3

I did not realize they used a common charger for both the battery and controller. Was obvious when I opened the box :)

That was just wrong... friggin Rich :mad:

I took the title as the solo gimbal... dammit

Oh yea. That was my intent ;)

But I posted that this morning and forgot so was not sure what you are talking about.

You know me. Like a dog chasing a stick !

Rick when you get yout Phantom 3 please check all the screw holes near the motors.
been reading about some of theese having cracks in them.
read about this on the other forum.
good luck.

Rick when you get yout Phantom 3 please check all the screw holes near the motors.
been reading about some of theese having cracks in them.
read about this on the other forum.
good luck.

OK I will do that. Already took it for a quick spin.

both.jpg

Reactions: Raybro
Well without a gimbal the Solo is hard to fly beyond visual so its hard to evaluate. The software on the DJI is way better and the Phantom handles better to me but that could be a familiarity thing.

The P3 is typical DJI easy to fly. Everything works, camera is decent, hard to beat.

The Solo will probably be parked for the next month until gimbal is out as its not much fun to fly with my Peau lens in a GoPro.

Everything works fine on the Solo. Just not much fun.

The P3 is a blast. Its just built by a company that sucks.

Well without a gimbal the Solo is hard to fly beyond visual so its hard to evaluate. The software on the DJI is way better and the Phantom handles better to me but that could be a familiarity thing.

The P3 is typical DJI easy to fly. Everything works, camera is decent, hard to beat.

The Solo will probably be parked for the next month until gimbal is out as its not much fun to fly with my Peau lens in a GoPro.

Everything works fine on the Solo. Just not much fun.

The P3 is a blast. Its just built by a company that sucks.
no truer words were ever spoken.
thx D

Out for Delivery

View attachment 150

Unfortunately its connected to a P3. But at least I can get some enjoyable flying in until the Solo gimbal arrives.
Walked right into that. Thought maybe you had some connections at 3DR. So now you got your 2 mile flyer. Congrats! Trying to talk a buddy of mine on the DJI side into a Solo. He's flying a P2 V+ and a P3 Pro, all he needs now is a Solo. He took care of Droneflyer last night.
Do you have a laundry list for next Wednesday?

I am working on my list now. Getting a P3 makes the list even longer.

I have always been comparing the Solo to my P2V+ as that was my last bird. But the P3 is in a different league from the Vision + so the bar has ranged.

In reality, I can share my needs with them. I can't really tell them what I think because for my needs the Solo us useless without a gimbal. I cant even fly it at speed without letting off to see where I am going.

The most concerning thing with me is the Solo app. After using the DJI Pilot app the Solo looks bad.

If you want to fly the Solo close by, frame shots and shoot film I am sure its fine. But the app on the DJI app is currently so much better. Easier to access menus, easier to navigate once you get there, better laid out and way more features.

Going from the P2 to the Solo is a big change for me. I don't have to haul the Black Pearl around. One thing I do miss in the Solo app that the P2 mini OSD has is the carat or cursor (whatever you call it) which gives you an indication of the direction of home. If the nose is pointing at you towards the home point, the carat is centered in the screen. Of course I'm still playing around and have not used the map yet in the Solo app. I did discover I don't have a record option in the live view, I guess that's an Android thing.
As far as updates, firmware. I typically use my Tab 4 only on the Solo. I normally turn Wifi off when I'm done flying. I suppose the only way I will know if there is an update out there is to connect to my home wifi and 3DR services will automatically download it.....I am assuming.
One thing I have noticed is the sticks on the Solo transmitter are not as touchy as the Phantom. I notice it most in landing. I can grease that thing in everytime. It's smooth, no drift, no up and down, and I can gently drop it down. I have tipped the Phantom a couple of times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela