Looking for a 3DR Solo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New member here, have never owned a drone before but looking to get into the drone hobby. I have been doing some research and have decided on the 3DR solo drone, I am looking for the best price for it, so far it seems like the deal from B&H with the spare battery included for $299 is the best deal. Does anyone else know of any better deals before I pull the trigger on this one?

Thanks!

Last week I got a spare Solo from B&H $299 with a spare battery AND a GIMBLE. Free shipping and no tax

yeah BestBuy also has them for that price occasionally (i got a spare one with gimbal, extra batt/props etc). But with the Refurb for $189.00 (from 3DR) and gimbal for $47.99 (from BBY) it would still be cheaper.

But the 189.00 deal is gone as of today.

Amazon. BestBuy, B&H and others still have fairly-priced ones and the sales and refurbs come up alot.

Thanks for the help everyone, I ended up buying the $299 one from B&H on friday, it should arrive on wednesday.

I was considering the best buy one, but by the time shipping, tax, and a 2nd battery were added it was over the $299 plus the B&H one is brand new.

This is my first drone ever so I cant wait until it arrives! I am hoping I get the rev B gps based on the things I have been reading. I have read the manual a few times so far and have been browsing this site for a few days.

FYI before u open the box check that the part# is SA11A they sent me a SA12A for the UK. Welcome to Solo land, I think you will have a ball.

3dr has no refurbs. Best buy doesn't have pack pack for $69 they do have $189 refurbs, DONT BUY THEM. B&H will ship for free and if on the east coast if you order by 4pm, I believe that's correct your package will arrive the very next day. If ordered on a Fri I believe it will come Monday.

I call my solo THE PHANTOM KILLER

Hey people, I talked with b&h two days ago and you WILL NOT GET A SOLO, EXTRA BATTERY AND GIMBAL FOR $300 THATS BULLSHIT! YOU WILL THOUGH FOR I BELIEVE IT WAS$349.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey people, I talked with b&h two days ago and you WILL NOT GET A SOLO, EXTRA BATTERY AND GIMBAL FOR $300 THATS BULLSHIT! YOU WILL THOUGH FOR I BELIEVE IT WAS$349.

See my attached invoice. It was a special sale from B&H. As you can see I got the 3DR solo with Gimbal, plus the extra battery for $299. so you are technically right, I didnt get it for $300, I got it for $299. So please stop using all caps and yelling. It isnt necessary. :)2017-05-18 08-33-29_drone invoice.jpg

Reactions: Phantom killer
See my attached invoice. It was a special sale from B&H. As you can see I got the 3DR solo with Gimbal, plus the extra battery for $299. so you are technically right, I didnt get it for $300, I got it for $299. So please stop using all caps and yelling. It isnt necessary. :)View attachment 6244
Welcome, klineka. I hope you get many hours of enjoyable flying with your new Solo. Thanks for posting your invoice. Hopefully that will calm down Pk some and stop his spouting off. We don't need the attitude and language on here. Good luck to you, and fly safe.

Welcome, klineka. I hope you get many hours of enjoyable flying with your new Solo. Thanks for posting your invoice. Hopefully that will calm down Pk some and stop his spouting off. We don't need the attitude and language on here. Good luck to you, and fly safe.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have taken the Solo out 5 times so far, no issues.

This is the first drone I have owned. First 2 times I kept the altitude limiter to like 200 feet and just got used to the camera controls and general flying. The last few trips I have done I raised the altitude max to 300 or 350 I think, and have explored a couple of the smartshot camera modes. They are pretty cool.

Looking into getting aftermarket antennas to see how far I can get it to go!

Yup, you're hooked! Keep your wallet handy, lot's of neat upgrades if you're into tinkering. But I see nothing wrong with the Solo out of the box. Especially for a new flyer. A whole lot of bang for the buck. And think about how much money you saved compared to the original prices! "FANTASTIC":)

Yup, you're hooked! Keep your wallet handy, lot's of neat upgrades if you're into tinkering. But I see nothing wrong with the Solo out of the box. Especially for a new flyer. A whole lot of bang for the buck. And think about how much money you saved compared to the original prices! "FANTASTIC":)
One question I do have is regarding the panoramic photo mode. I had the gopro on video recording and I started the panoramic photo mode, when I put the SD card in the computer there were a bunch of separate 1-2 second video clips.. If I was to have the camera in single photo mode, would that have created the actual panoramic picture, or do I have to manually combine the clips/pictures together in post flight editing?

Is there any usefulness for using Pano with video?

Is there a way to tell Solo to do a full rotation without stopping until it completes a full 360 degree rotation while using video?

See my attached invoice. It was a special sale from B&H. As you can see I got the 3DR solo with Gimbal, plus the extra battery for $299. so you are technically right, I didnt get it for $300, I got it for $299. So please stop using all caps and yelling. It isnt necessary. :)View attachment 6244
That's cool my point still is you can't get it at that price, you got a Deal. I just wish the info Be a little more in real time as I often search for these "amazing deals" I can never seem to find them or the deal Be off. Don't get me wrong either because I love my solo family and we HELP one another and as you just proved put one another in place when we're wrong and it's all love[emoji7]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea