Log questions

Reaction score
I have started looking at my Solo logs primarily out of curiosity. I have now used three different techniques to get the log files (one of which I'll never use again). I have used an Android tablet and AndFTP to login to both Solo and the Controller to download dataflash log files; I have used a Mac and SCP to login to both Solo and the Controller to copy the entire log folder, and I have used a Mac running APM Planner 2.0 to view and download dataflash log files.
The only good thing about the APM technique is that it renames dataflash log files with a datestamp whereas the other two techniques result in 1.BIN, 2.BIN, etc.

I have a few questions regarding these log files. The first is that APM Planner 2.0 seems to be unable to open any of my large .BIN dataflash log files. It complains about a particular query looking for a column for a certain parameter (related to motor pwm, if I recall). Oddly enough, it can open some of the smaller log files. These are usually from situations where I simply powered on Solo for non-flight reasons (e.g. to download log files ;) )
I have tried opening the .BIN files downloaded using all three techniques, and none of them that actually involve flight can be opened.

Does anyone know why that might be or what other techniques I could use to view dataflash logs on a Mac?

Failing with dataflash logs, I decided to start messing around with tlog files. I was able to open these with APM Planner 2.0. I could view the data, I could play it back using APM's playback features, I could see the GPS track, etc. However, I wanted to try to export a KML file so that I could see a 3d version of the flight path. APM's export procedure seemed to work okay and a .kml file was generated, but when opening that file with Google Earth, it did not appear to contain much data. GE recognized the file and said that I had a 0m flight path.
Any ideas on what may have gone wrong there? The .kml file was only a few kilobytes - that seemed a bit small.

Thanks and regards,
Trevor

I use Drone Log Book DroneLogbook mainly to log flights etc. but also to view 3d flight. it's very easy to use and free (for individual). fast. upload your tlog and bam watch it 3d. fast and easy to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela