Well, I went for a couple of flights in a field (it's a practice soccer field between houses in a neighborhood, so not super remote, but better than my front yard). It's not quite as bad as I thought, but it's not as good as I would expect. It's hard for me to remember how well the stock solo held its position. I know it was never as good as my Phantom 4, but I thought it was better than this. It does stay within a radius of a couple of feet, but wanders around in that bubble.

Anyhow, I still get errors when trying to open the logs in APM Planner and dronekit-la still shows lots of failures and warnings for EKF and GPS. I've attached some more logs. I'm having trouble matching up the tlog files with the BIN files for the same flights. dronekit-la reports different times for the ones with the same index, so I think I have multiple tlog files per BIN? I'm not sure, so I've attached two BIN files for the two flights and a few tlog files that overlap.

Is there a simple utility (like dronekit-la) that will just dump the log info into a text or CSV file?

Attachments

• RECENT-1-BIN.txt
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
  • RECENT-2-BIN.txt
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • solo-tlog-1.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
  • solo-tlog-2.txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • solo-tlog-3.txt
    700.4 KB · Views: 0
  • solo-tlog-4.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
It would take me to the middle of next week to read that post in detail, but I opened the tlog in Mission Planner out of curiosity and the GPS never gets a 3D fix. It did start in Malaysia (where the GPS was manufactured I suppose), ended up somewhere (mostly) inside a home in TX, then went nuts out over the Pacific Ocean, then back to the TX home, finally getting a short flight without GPS. The tlog also had you going through the cals.

Did you replace the GPS module? Without GPS, Solo is going to drift. I'm not the person to make a detailed analysis however. Hopefully, someone else here will look at it.

BTW, you could do a Stick Cal as well. but you have greater problems than that.

Hey, thanks for looking! I just posted an update with some more logs.

I haven't replaced the GPS in this one. I didn't even remove the GPS to do the cardboard shield mod. The only thing I did with GPS was to disconnect the cable from the board and then reconnect it when done. However, those first logs were just me turning the drone on in my house, so I may not have ever got a GPS lock. The latest logs that I posted I would expect to show a GPS lock. At least, the controller and app told me so and I could take off without it whining.

You mention using Mission Planner. Is that not the same thing as APM Planner 2.0?

Oh, BTW, the GPS showing up in a house in TX makes sense. I guess you guys know where I live now ;)

Last edited:
..You mention using Mission Planner. Is that not the same thing as APM Planner 2.0?
I don't know the differences, but good ol' MP lets me double-click on a tlog file to open it and then quickly play it back, showing errors... if any. Install it and see if you like it.

I'm not going to look at your others as there are people here, better equipped to decipher those, than moi.

I don't know the differences, but good ol' MP lets me double-click on a tlog file to open it and then quickly play it back, showing errors... if any. Install it and see if you like it.

I'm not going to look at your others as there are people here, better equipped to decipher those, than moi.

Thanks. I see that Mission Planner is Windows only. I'll try to find a Windows computer to test them on this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malaysia? Pacific Ocean? Don't worry, no one will come steal your Solo... it doesn't work! :p

LOL. If anyone wants to steal a semi-functional drone, swing by my vacation homes in the Pacific Ocean or Malaysia. Pay no attention to the house in Texas :)

Thanks again for your time!

Its not windows only, there is a mac version too!

It's confusing. I think the Mac version you're talking about is what I mentioned in my first post (called APM Planner 2.0). It does not like my log files. I got a version of Mission Planner going on a Windows machine and it will open my logs without issue.

It also appears that there's not really an issue with my compass or GPS. Windows Mission Planner log analysis reports everything as good. I have no idea what the difference is between the Windows and Mac versions.

I think the solo just doesn't hold its position that well compared to my Phantom 4. I'm grabbing another $300 bundle tonight so I'll have a stock control unit to compare with!

I have some strange twitching going on. Yesterday it was doing it. Then when I started to land, it did it and flipped over as I landed it.

Hi @Cyberblitz,
Unfortunately, I have another flight log that I need some assistance interpreting. This time the solo has flown to 15m before inverting and flying straight into the concrete.

The Auto Analysis has flagged it as a Brownout but i feel like that is more a result of the drone hitting the deck and I am leaning more towardsa mechanical failure. There is a GPS failsafe flag but as far as I can tell it drops from detecting 21 sats to 20.
Is this how you read the log files?

Attachments

• 203.zip
    524.5 KB · Views: 1
Place logs here to allow some of us to interpret them for you.

The ones from Solo itself are the best (they contain more details). But logs from the controller are also fine too. Having logs from both is golden!

hi, thanks in advance. here are my logs, had a crash on Saturday

SoloLogs

hi, thanks in advance. here are my logs, had a crash on Saturday

SoloLogs

The posted logs are not complete. There should be some *.bin files that are megabytes in size. Also, the tlogs appear to be from after the crash. There should be some with number 2, 3, 4... One of those should contain the data from the flight that ended with the crash.

Here's a post that might help with downloading a complete set of logs: Download System Logs from Controller and Solo

Hello! Today an accident happened as 3drsolo. The drone is connected to a multispectral sequential camera (5V, 2.4A) by means of a direct plug of the battery compartment and through a UBEC. When starting the mission the drone took off after a minute in the air, it seems that only one side (or one engine) gave problem and fell from a height of 30m. I would like a help in understanding if the problem is due to the direct power take from the drone to the camera. Note: he was doing normal flights without the camera installed.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I'm sending the flight log.

Attachments

• 2018-11-28 14-57-25.log.jpg
    2018-11-28 14-57-25.log.jpg
    908 bytes · Views: 6
  • 2018-11-28 14-57-25.bin.jpg
    2018-11-28 14-57-25.bin.jpg
    908 bytes · Views: 6
  • 2018-11-28 14-57-25.log0wp.txt
    158 bytes · Views: 0
  • 2018-11-28 14-57-25.bin.jpg