Live feed worse after FW update

Reaction score
So I just flew for the first time after the 1.1.12 FW update today and my live feed from the GoPro is noticeably worse. Lots of lines, artifacting and pixelating. I'm using a Nexus 7 and Hero4 silver. Could it be because the Android hasn't been updated yet? Anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: Timothy Ealey
Yeah also at first I didn't have telemetry data. I had to disconnect and reconnect to get it to work.

For those having these issues have you checked the video feed via the mini-HDMI on the TX to verify it is there as well? Also verify your GP is at the latest GP FW release.

Same thing here with everything updated and set up as it should be. When I got the battery warning at 15 percent my feed froze entirley so be careful. Hope it's fixed with the app update I'm currently on a galaxy S6.

My update went real sketchy too I had too keep restarting solo and it stuck at where it shows the green dots communicating between solo and controller. It says it's updated now but I hope everything went as it should, it flew ok but I didn't notice any improvement in my gps, mine wasn't that bad before either though I always had a lock in a minute or so.

Reactions: Bodob
Adimuzio I had the same sketchy issue updating, my controller took forever and I never got the green check mark. It says it is updated now also and I didn't have any issues flying except the bad video feed. Mine seemed to get satellites a little quicker but nothing drastic. Hopefully the app update will clear everything up.

So I just flew for the first time after the 1.1.12 FW update today and my live feed from the GoPro is noticeably worse. Lots of lines, artifacting and pixelating. I'm using a Nexus 7 and Hero4 silver. Could it be because the Android hasn't been updated yet? Anyone else have this problem?
Yep, now that you mention it mine was worse as well. Hero 4 silver and galaxy s5. I also had an odd second when RTH activated on its own. Kinda took me by surprise but hit"fly" immediately so all was well. Probably won't fly it again until after the software update for the app.

I updated the FW and it seemed to go well. I even got the "Controller Updated" message, and "Press (A] to continue" but pressing (A] did absolutely nothing. Just like the first update, I had to unplug the battery to reset. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Reactions: Bodob
I just started punching buttons and it came to life. I don't know but maybe there is some lag time after hitting the A button. I was pretty close to opening mine up and pulling the battery.

I updated the FW and it seemed to go well. I even got the "Controller Updated" message, and "Press (A] to continue" but pressing (A] did absolutely nothing. Just like the first update, I had to unplug the battery to reset. Anyone else have a similar situation?
Got to the same point. Pressing A did nothing. Went into app reset A to cable cam ( original setting). Pressed A and it worked. No idea why.

Same thing here with everything updated and set up as it should be. When I got the battery warning at 15 percent my feed froze entirley so be careful. Hope it's fixed with the app update I'm currently on a galaxy S6.

My update went real sketchy too I had too keep restarting solo and it stuck at where it shows the green dots communicating between solo and controller. It says it's updated now but I hope everything went as it should, it flew ok but I didn't notice any improvement in my gps, mine wasn't that bad before either though I always had a lock in a minute or so.
Exact same for me.

Interesting. After a few resets (and waiting a fairly long time between them), the system just came up and all seems well. I went through a level calibration just for grins. All is well for the moment. Looking forward to the next flight.

Update was a little trickier then the 1.0.5 update. Hit (A) and waited. Left the room, came back and my nexus 7 was still waiting for Solo. Waited a moment longer and got a message on the nexus 7 instructing me to power cycle the battery. I did this and another five minutes later the drone and controller Icons had the 1.1.12 next to them. After I power cycled everything, I had three red lights. Two in the back and one in the front of the drone. Power cycled everything again and all was well in Soloville.

I'm curious as to how this will affect the current Solo version of the Tower app. Has any of you good folks tried it yet?

P.S. I have notice a significant improvement in the speed of the Solo’s GPS acquisition.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela