Little Fly Fishing Video

Reaction score
Took the solo out today with a buddy to get some fly fishing in. Shot it in 30fps to try and get a more cinematic feel but found out it's not the best for trying to slow down some of the shots. It was really cold but the solo did pretty well, however my fingers and the iPhone struggled. Any feedback is welcome!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Took the solo out today with a buddy to get some fly fishing in. Shot it in 30fps to try and get a more cinematic feel but found out it's not the best for trying to slow down some of the shots. It was really cold but the solo did pretty well, however my fingers and the iPhone struggled. Any feedback is welcome!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Welcome aboard!
Yea, Solo is ok in cold weather.
GREAT scenery, but 2.7@60 would have been much better, especially on the SloMo's .
Nice cam work...

Great flying and film work! Colors are awesome and it looks c-c-cold.
I thought you were "out" in the sticks until I saw the buildings, stop lights, etc.:)

Catch anything?

Very nice job. Sure is a pretty place. Like Maddog, I thought it would have been out in the boonies. Thanks for sharing.

Great flying and film work! Colors are awesome and it looks c-c-cold.
I thought you were "out" in the sticks until I saw the buildings, stop lights, etc.:)

Catch anything?

Yeah it was about 10 degrees when we showed up. Flight battery lasted longer than the feeling in my fingers.

The problem with it being in town is the fish are really smart because they see fisherman all day. It's one of the harder rivers to fish in Colorado and we didn't catch anything yesterday.

so does Vimeo block music as badly as Youtube
seems to be a little more friendly

I haven't run into Vimeo blocking any music from the videos I've put together. If I put it on YouTube I usually get a notice saying they will put advertisements on my videos. I usually upload to Vimeo because I feel the quality is better than YouTube. I actually tried to upload this video directly to Facebook and immediately got it taken down due to the music (first time that has happened).

I've made a lot of videos in the past basically just for personal enjoyment and sharing with my friends. I haven't made a cent off any video I've made. I've always thought it was kosher with music rights for personal use, but I guess it's something I should research further.

I haven't run into Vimeo blocking any music from the videos I've put together. If I put it on YouTube I usually get a notice saying they will put advertisements on my videos. I usually upload to Vimeo because I feel the quality is better than YouTube. I actually tried to upload this video directly to Facebook and immediately got it taken down due to the music (first time that has happened).

I've made a lot of videos in the past basically just for personal enjoyment and sharing with my friends. I haven't made a cent off any video I've made. I've always thought it was kosher with music rights for personal use, but I guess it's something I should research further.
I bought a song from the iTunes Store and used it on a video I put on YouTube to document a car show. I still got the message about using copywrighted material.:eek:

Do you know where Vallecito lake is? My parents used to own a cabin there.

I bought a song from the iTunes Store and used it on a video I put on YouTube to document a car show. I still got the message about using copywrighted material.:eek:

Do you know where Vallecito lake is? My parents used to own a cabin there.

Vallecito is out by Durango, right? Haven't made it out to that part of the state yet, but it's on my list.

All of the songs I've used have been bought on iTunes. I think it's more about the copyright reproduction of the music

Reactions: Maddog
Vallecito is out by Durango, right? Haven't made it out to that part of the state yet, but it's on my list.

All of the songs I've used have been bought on iTunes. I think it's more about the copyright reproduction of the music
Yep, close to Durango. Beautiful country!

Very well done. I agree with earlier comments that 60fps would have really helped with the slow-mo shots but that is a nitpick. The editing was superb.

About music rights... Just because you buy something on iTunes doesn't mean you have rights for commercial use. You are paying for a listening only licence. The artist needs to get paid if money is made on their hard work which is why FB and YouTube take it down, they are getting paid for your video even if you aren't (ads). To avoid that, you need to buy music at a stock music store like audiojungle.com. A song will cost you $20 but then you are free to use it anywhere.

To put it another way, what if you found your excellent video being used for a fishing pole or sporting goods commercial? Wouldn't you want to get paid? Same thing for music, they spend years developing their talent and deserve to make a buck on it. I'm not saying you were steeling their music, I'm saying, YouTube and FB would be if they let it play and that is why they have to take our videos down. Vimio doesn't seem to have the same kind of ad structure which is why they are more lenient.

I just search youtube for royalty free music. You can search by genre. There are tens of thousands. Most just require attribution at the end of the video or in the videos comment.

That's another reason I use Vimeo. There are no ads and you aren't using commercially or generating any revenue.

Great shooting Jubalr. The color saturation was spot-on. I appreciate the comments about the 60fps but, in this case, I think it added a certain quantum effect, as if the shops were almost with the music. Very enjoyable. I'm not sure I could really "enjoy" filming in 20 degree weather. Glad you did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo